Apr 23 2013
By: clintonmeade40 Lombax Warrior 110 posts

Need some assistance please.

1 replies 48 views Edited Apr 23, 2013

So, after talking to Sony a 2nd time, they stood by their word and would not let me slide by without paying the fee for repairing my 60gb launch model (I've had to do this A LOT.) However, they did give me two free games as long as they are made by SCEA and are atleast 60 days old. Can someone direct me to a list of games made by SCEA? Also, in my other thread, some people mentioned 3rd party repairs (like changing the solder and something to do with overheat paste if I'm not mistaken.) Could someone please msg me with a website that does this, as I'm sure there is no local place anywhere close to me, because after this final time, if it messes up again, I'm going to have to resort to the 3rd party method. Also, in your guys' eyes, besides vacuuming the vents, how can I keep my ps3 running smoothly? What would be the best cooler? I've got a small fan pretty close to the disc side of my ps3 right now to see if that helps, but I think it's shot. I know it's asking a lot, but any help would be appreciated.

Again, what I need is: a list of SCEA published games (as I can pick two for free as long as they are atleast 60 days old) and your opinions on what games would be good choices. (Keep in mind, I have ALL the God of War games.)

I also need a 3rd party website that fixes ps3's with the type of stuff mentioned above as I had never heard of this stuff until today, or I wouldn't be without my ps3.

And my last request, what in your opinion would be the best way to keep my ps3 running right? I know to clean the dust out of it with vacuum, but it does put out a lot of heat from the right hand side vents. What would be the best intercooler, or whatever to use?

Thanks A LOT!!

Message 1 of 2 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1010 posts

Re: Need some assistance please.

[ Edited ]
Apr 23, 2013

Again, what I need is: a list of SCEA published games (as I can pick two for free as long as they are atleast 60 days old) and your opinions on what games would be good choices. (Keep in mind, I have ALL the God of War games.)

I also need a 3rd party website that fixes ps3's with the type of stuff mentioned above as I had never heard of this stuff until today, or I wouldn't be without my ps3.

And my last request, what in your opinion would be the best way to keep my ps3 running right? I know to clean the dust out of it with vacuum, but it does put out a lot of heat from the right hand side vents. What would be the best intercooler, or whatever to use?

Thanks A LOT!!

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Computer_Entertainment#Owned_franchises_and_notable_properties   (Scroll down)
Uncharted series

Killzone series

Resistance series

Heveanly Sword (Since I see your a God of War fan)

2.  I still have the first-gen PlayStation 3 so I really don't have much experience in third party fixes. 

photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Message 2 of 2 (41 Views)
0 Likes