May 17 2011
By: Jrock91x First Son 10 posts

Need some advice/answers...

10 replies 19 views Edited May 17, 2011

I'm trying to play games online but it says i have to do a update for the game... so i'm just wondering is the update going on the ps3 or the game itself, i'm asking because my ps3 is kinda screwed up a little bit and when it exits the game to do the update it either freezes or just resets without doing the update.   Would appreciate any knowledge you might have one this. thanks

Message 1 of 11 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

Re: Need some advice/answers...

May 17, 2011

if its asking for an update after you throw in the game it will tell  yo a version number. The curent version number for the PS3 3.61 if its updating to any other number chances are you are updating the game only

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
Message 2 of 11 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

May 17, 2011

Jrock91x wrote:

I'm trying to play games online but it says i have to do a update for the game... so i'm just wondering is the update going on the ps3 or the game itself, i'm asking because my ps3 is kinda screwed up a little bit and when it exits the game to do the update it either freezes or just resets without doing the update.   Would appreciate any knowledge you might have one this. thanks

If it is just an update for the game you should be able to download them. It is my understanding that game updates are separate from the psn store, but I could be wrong. If for some reason they are connected to the store then you will have to wait till the store comes back online.

What games are you trying to update? With the names other people may have more information to assist you better.

Verish Trophy Card

Message 3 of 11 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

May 17, 2011

So if i update the game on my buddies ps3 will it work on my ps3, cause i'm unable to do the update on my ps3...

Message 4 of 11 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

May 17, 2011

The games i'm trying to update are LittleBig Planet 2, Borderlands, and Dead Rising 2...

Message 5 of 11 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

May 17, 2011

Updates are done on the machine... Unless you can get a manual update from a game makers website sna pop it on a flash drive... Im pretty sure youre gonna have to do it on YOUR system the info is written to the hard drive not the disk.

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
Message 6 of 11 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

May 17, 2011

I have the newest update (3.61) on my ps3... thats another thing i'm wondering when they put out a new update for the ps3 do games require a new update as well...

Message 7 of 11 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

May 17, 2011

So your saying the game updates go onto the ps3 and not the game itself...

Message 8 of 11 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

May 17, 2011

Jrock91x wrote:

I have the newest update (3.61) on my ps3... thats another thing i'm wondering when they put out a new update for the ps3 do games require a new update as well...

I think the 3.61 is just for the system it self, it should not affect your games.

Verish Trophy Card

Message 9 of 11 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

May 17, 2011

That soley depends on the game and the update  - meaning - if the PSN update added a function the Evs for the game wanted to take advantage of then yes. Otherwise Updates are at the discretion of the Game Devs Not Sony.

Message 10 of 11 (19 Views)
0 Likes