Dec 20 2012
By: j222gt First Son 2 posts

Need help please!!!

5 replies 504 views Edited Dec 20, 2012

My ps3 about a week ago frooze while paying FIFA 13 then afterwards I wouldn't play any games after tryin millions of things Sony support told me to do. I found out my lens went bad so I replaced them myself now . Now they were working fine playing games like normal after 2 day somethng happened again and about 1 second after I turn it on. It makes a werid ejecting noise again. So. Need help what's wrong

Message 1 of 6 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Re: Need help please!!!

Dec 20, 2012

Hi there,

The sound you hear unfortunately means that your BD/op drive needs to be maintained/replaced (loading tray). If your console is still under warranty, obviously there'll be no charge but if not, expect to pay roughly $100 and a wait time-frame of approx. 1-2 wks. depending on where you live.

Also, I wouldn't chance inserting any 'disc-based' media until the drive has been tendered to. Otherwise, you'll run the risk of damaging any media discs via large scratches and/or cracks.

Message 2 of 6 (499 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Thank you for the help

Message 3 of 6 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation MVP
14154 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Sounds like you tried everything. Now, just buy a new one. Seriously, it's broken, let it go. If you can back-up your PS3 first, try it. It'll make retoring your data onto a new HDD easier.

Multisystem owner. PS Plus member:Legendary status.GAP member with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 4 of 6 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Dec 21, 2012
@ j222gt,

You're most certainly welcome! Smiley Very Happy

If you have any other questions/ concerns, feel free to ask away in the appropriate thread and/or send myself/ the others, a private message (PM).

Take care and Welcome to the PSF (PlayStation Forums)!
Message 5 of 6 (463 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013

I also have this issue, though there is no fear of disks being damaged. My PS3 will not read the disks and when I insert it acts like it is having a hard time reading the disk, after maybe 10-15 sec it makes an eject sound but doesnt actually eject, then tries harder to read the disk. Maybe 10% of the time after that eject sound it is able to READ the disk.. and I can play without any issues whatsoever. Over this last week I had the a game going costantly just so I could finish it without running into this issue each day.

I did some reading on thie issue when this started happening and I just figured it was a lense reading issue, not a mechanical failure.. the drive works 100% with everything other than Blu Ray disks.. like most people post about.

Edit- Sorry for the 6 month ressurect btw Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 6 (217 Views)
0 Likes