Nov 30 2012
By: Kyre_Banorg First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

Need help, buying used PSP

2 replies 305 views Edited Nov 30, 2012

I found a used PSP 3000 on craigslist for $40 that I want to buy tomorrow. It looks like it's in great physical shape, and comes with a crappy game and the power cord, but no memory stick.

I know craiglist is always a risk, and I can't check everything, but what are things I should check before buying?

I plan to buy a Memory stick anyways, so can I buy a game off PSN and load it onto the memory stick via my PS3 in order to take it with me to check that it reads the memory stick? Or do you need to use the PSP to download the game?

Is there anything else that I can watch for that might show me that it has some problems that will bite me later? Hopefully he will be okay with meeting at his house, since usually somone who plans to intentionally rip another person off won't want to share their home address.

Any ideas or input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (305 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Need help, buying used PSP

Nov 30, 2012

Dang, I just looked at my PS3 and there is no spot for a memory stick, i thought I read that you could use them to save games on PS3 too, but I guess I was wrong. So much for that idea... will it recognize an empty memory stick? will it still be a benefit to bring one with me?

Message 2 of 3 (301 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Re: Need help, buying used PSP

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

You can connect your PSP and PS3 with a USB cord. The same as you use to charge your PS3 controller. That's how you transfer content between the two systems. The PSP can also download content from PSN by itself, but you will of course need a memory stick for the PSP in either case. =P

Message 3 of 3 (268 Views)