Dec 21 2012
By: rxnixon Lombax Warrior 99 posts

Need for speed Most Wanted.

3 replies 140 views Edited Dec 21, 2012

Hello guys, I was thinking about getting the most recent need for speed most wanted game but before I do can someone let me a little about the settings. I am a fan of the very first NFS underground and liked it cause the controls were exactly like grand turismo. Is the new NFS most wanted set up like this? I've played several games after the 1st underground and have found some games did away with the manual transmission having only automatic settings in place (boo). Also, is the D-pad usable. I find myself fumbling with the stick when I steer using the left analog stick and favor the use of the d-pad over the analog stick. So my questions again are:

1. Does this game allow manual transmission

2. Can you use the D-pad

Thanks for your help guys.

Message 1 of 4 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Re: Need for speed Most Wanted.

Jan 3, 2013

guess no replies but I found out through the grapevine that NFSMW does not allow for manual settings and probably no D-pad. Therefore I will not be getting this game. All driving games, in my opinion, would be better if it all had manual settings. Automatic transmission whether in games or in real life has almost no recovery speed when you need to decelerate and accelerate through a turn. Driving simply sucks if you cant go from 4th to redlining 2nd and then shifting to 3rd through a turn trustin your tires without using your breaks. Boo NFSMW Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 4 (120 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40006 posts

Jan 3, 2013

Yea there's no manual transmission option in NFSMW.

The lack of replies you received was probably because your post was made around 12.40am, the Forums are much quieter then.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 3 of 4 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
243 posts

Jan 3, 2013
No manual transmition but it does aloe you to map the buttons
Message 4 of 4 (105 Views)
0 Likes