Nov 29 2012
By: SlyFoxC Splicer 59 posts

Need a good Setup for Recording my gameplay (Capture Card)

12 replies 161 views Edited Nov 29, 2012

Hi all,

I know that there have been other questions about this topic but they are getting outdated.  I am looking for  great setup for recording my gameplay.  The best i could find so far is the BlackMagic either Insanty or Extreme.   If someone could let me know which path to take i would be very greatful.  Also any other progrmas i may need.

What i am using it for: I primarly game on PS3 HOORAH!, but also have a 360 and gaming PC.  I have BF3 for all three (premium on PS3 and premium edition disc for 360) and would like to record my gameplay for it.  There are other games i play too Racing, RPG, MMO (DCUO!!!), just about everything and would like to have the option of recording.  Also like to troll sometimes so it would be nice to be able to put it on YouTube :Sniper:
Looking through past post i saw that you need a good computer.  listed below are my Computer Specs:

• OS - Windows 7 Ultimate
  • Graphics Card - EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5
  • CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core
  • Memory - 8GB of DDR3
  • MotherBoard - ASRock 890GX Pro3
  • HDD - 750GB with roughly 500-600GB of freespace

Any information will be great!!! Thanks and have a happy Holiday Season everyone :xEvil:

the one and only SlyFoxC

Message 1 of 13 (161 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16138 posts

Re: Need a good Setup for Recording my gameplay (Capture Card)

Nov 29, 2012
Message 2 of 13 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Dec 1, 2012
under the specs for that one it says it uses A/V for PS3 im looking for something with HDMI....

Message 3 of 13 (142 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Dec 1, 2012

I record my ps3 games and just so you know,the ps3 has a lock on recordiing with HDMI. They dont allow it . You have to you the comp cables and record in 720p

Message 4 of 13 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Dec 1, 2012

WHY !!!   :smileymad:

Message 5 of 13 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7738 posts

Dec 1, 2012

littlesleepyjim2 wrote:

WHY !!!   :smileymad:

Not really Sony's fault that the PS3 has HDCP over HDMI. The Blu-Ray player standard dictates this to be so.

Some HDMI Capture cards are compatible with HDCP. Due to the grey legal implementation of HDCP, they are advertised usually with vague words such as "Supports Blu-ray Technology."

Like this one: HDMI 1.3 PCI Express High Definition Video Capture Card

Message 6 of 13 (115 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16138 posts

Dec 1, 2012

SlyFoxC wrote:
under the specs for that one it says it uses A/V for PS3 im looking for something with HDMI....

If you bothered to read a little futher about it.... It comes with the necessary cables to record PS3 gameplay in HD....

Maybe this will help you understand better...

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 7 of 13 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Dec 13, 2012

.... IT DOESNT USE HDMI......... i do not have a component cable hook up on my tv...... if you could read you would also know that it does not work with the HDMI cable...HDCP

Message 8 of 13 (93 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16138 posts

Dec 13, 2012

SlyFoxC wrote:

.... IT DOESNT USE HDMI......... i do not have a component cable hook up on my tv...... if you could read you would also know that it does not work with the HDMI cable...HDCP

HAVE YOU BOTHERED TO LOOK AT THE SPECS?!?!!? DID YOU WATCH THE VIDEO!?!?!?

THERE ARE WAYS TO REMOVE HDCP TO USE HDMI RECORDING.... ITS ALL OVER YOUTUBE. 

SEARCHING IS YOUR FRIEND....

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 9 of 13 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2012

yes i watched the video... there is a cable that comes with it (COMPONET) to use to record for the ps3.... and again....my tv does not have these hookups.....

did you watch teh video?

if you are trying to prove your point you are just digging the hole deeper my friend.

and fyi the frist thing i learned in computer class was not how to search....acutally in my computer class we never used the internet.  The first thing i learned was ASDF JKL, yes that is where your hands are to be placed.  then it was WAM....but seeing how you know everything im sure you knew that already, or should i make a video of that ?

Message 10 of 13 (84 Views)
0 Likes