Dec 21 2010
By: The12thKill First Son 1 posts

Need Help!

2 replies 7 views Edited Dec 21, 2010

Hi guys. I've been having problems charging my PS3 controller for like 1 month now. I was playing NBA 2k10, then my PS3 controller shut down. I tried charging it to the PS3, and it didnt work. FYI, i also tried the reset button and charging it to the computer. When i tried charging it to the PS3, it occasionally had a dash like this one right here . On the computer, the controller charged, but i had to move the USB and the controller around for about 10-15 mins, but most of the time the dash showed up. Can somebody tell me what's malfunctioning, the ps3,the controller, or the USB? Thanks.

Message 1 of 3 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Need Help!

Nov 12, 2011

hello yes i had the same problem for about a month and i have just fixed it now, it could be any of the three the mother board coild of been moved inside the ps3, so try both usb ports. the usb cable has a few wires inside and one of them could of  snapped, this is what happened to mine or the controller could of broken. try pressing the reset button on the back of the controloler and try again. or if it is the cable i got a camera cable witch was the same size os the ps3 one and used that. so get another cable and try it. if these dont work try using a different controller and if it doesnt work it must be the motherboard. hope it helped

Message 2 of 3 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
28675 posts

Re: Need Help!

Nov 12, 2011

If it's not charging then the battery is probably dead. They're relatively easy to replace, and you can find them on Amazon.com.

Message 3 of 3 (7 Views)
0 Likes