Oct 23 2012
By: jordan5150 First Son 2 posts

Need Help With PS3 Freezing

0 replies 75 views Edited Oct 23, 2012

Hi, I've had the CECHK01 Playstation 3 for almost four years, and had no problems with it. I play Call of Duty mostly. About a week ago, me and a friend were playing Green Day Rock Band and about halfway through a song, the game froze and I had to shut the system down. When I restarted the system, the disc icon didn't show up on the menu and then forced me to eject the disc and put it back in for the system to recognize that there was something in the drive. We assumed it was the disc that was causing the problem and started playing Rock Band 2. The same thing happened again during the loading screen. I tried playing Black Ops, MW2, and MW3 a few times throughout the week and each time there was an instance whether it would freeze after a few rounds, and now its to the point where it freezes after I start the game. I tried to look for solutions to this problem and one was to rebuild the database and it didn't do anything. Another place said that the Blu Ray drive is screwed and I would have to get a new Playstation. I don't know if this is an issue that can be resolved or if the system is just old. What should I do?

Message 1 of 1 (75 Views)
0 Likes