Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 18 2012
By: disowned122 First Son 12 posts

Need Help Re-connecting my PS3 to my TV!!!!!!!!

4 replies 70 views Edited Dec 18, 2012

I have been trying to reconnect my PS3 to my HDTV (with HDMI) this morning. It all started with me trying to download an update for battlefield 3. Since I have a lower signal strength in my living room I decided to move my PS3 to my bedroom which has much better signal strength! So after a while, the download was complete and I began setting my PS3 back up in my living room. Once everything was in place I switched over to my HDMI 2 input like usual and all I got was "No Signal". So I turned off my PS3 and held the power button until I heard TWO Beeps. Still nothing. I switched over to the AV input and it came on and there was a message saying "HDMI detected would you like to switch output audio and video to this?" and so I hit yes but still nothing! If someone could please help me out, I am getting a tad frustrated at this point! Thanks in advance!!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Message 1 of 5 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1734 posts

Re: Need Help Re-connecting my PS3 to my TV!!!!!!!!

[ Edited ]
Dec 18, 2012

considering what you did, i don't know how but since the PS3 turns on and SEEMS to be working.... (even detected the hdmi). Im' thinking the 2nd hdmi port on the tv got fried/damaged when you unplugged the cord.

I've plugged AC cords into wall outlets before slowly and noticed a slight spark sometimes. Maybe something similar? idk....  I'm just guessing. You need to rule things out here. Try something else in that 2nd HDMI port. Try another cord. Try the PS3  on the first HDMI port. etc etc (and something else if the PS3 don't work there either, and if that's the case it might be the port on the PS3 itself.....)

What I find REALLY odd is you switched to the regular AV cord like the PS2 and it THEN said "hdmi detected"??

Message 2 of 5 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Dec 18, 2012

that is odd..if using the standard av cords and the ps3 is displaying a msg hdmi detected i would suspect some of the pins in your hdmi jack have bent and creating a short..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 3 of 5 (57 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Yeah, it is kinda weird! I have tried all 4 HDMI ports in my TV but no dice! I do have another HDMI cord just like the other one! I will figure it out eventually but THANK YOU for the replies! :smileyvery-happy: 

Message 4 of 5 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Dec 21, 2012
Hi there and sorry to hear about your ongoing issues.

Revise your settings with both your console and HDTV again but 'power on' both at the same time. The other thing is that your cable may not be secure with its connection ports (TV to console) and may be loose and/or the cable might be faulty.

Don't forget to plug in your console and other electronic devices into a UPS/APC/Surge Protection Device to limit any 'outside' errors/mishaps caused by nature.
Message 5 of 5 (20 Views)
0 Likes