Aug 05 2011
By: AlohaMixedPlate First Son 4 posts
Accepted Solution

Need Help Connecting PS3 to the Internet

6 replies 586 views Edited Aug 5, 2011

Hi,

I have gone through about 100 different old threads trying to find out why my PS3 wireless connection stopped connecting to the Internet out of the blue, but I have not found an answer that has helped me.

Here is my situation. My Internet works, I have a wireless laptop and that works fine. I know my PSN password works because I can hook up my PS3 using an earthnet cable and my PS3 works fine. I just can't connect my PS3 to the Internet through my wireless connection like I used to a few days ago.

When I have tried the easy or custom setups, half the time I cannot obtain an IP address. The other half of the time it will obtain the IP, but the Internet connection will fail. Right this second I cannot even get an IP address.

One place I always seem to get stuck is on the Easy connection setup when I type in my WPA Key. Each time I type in my WPA key, it checks the network configuration, but after a minute it fails and says, "The key information exchange time out. The WPA key you entered may not be correct." I know my WPA key is correct and case sensitive, so I am not sure why this step is a problem. I have also confirmed the WPA is correct through my Netgear Router.

I am at a loss as what I should do next. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7 (586 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5095 posts

Re: Need Help Connecting PS3 to the Internet

Aug 5, 2011

maybe the wifi went out?

Message 2 of 7 (586 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 5, 2011

That's not the case since I am using my wi-fi to type this now on my laptop.

Message 3 of 7 (586 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5095 posts

Aug 5, 2011

i meant in your ps3. lol

did you get into your router settings at all? reset them possibly?

Message 4 of 7 (586 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 5, 2011

I can get into my router, but what do I need to do to reset those settings because I haven't changed those at all.

Message 5 of 7 (586 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5095 posts

Aug 5, 2011

google the settings for your router- or google ps3 router settings ---sometmes diffrent between routers

and did half our conversation disappear?

Message 6 of 7 (586 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 6, 2011

I had done everything I could think of to fix my system, but realized tonight that there was one thing I had missed. I had never completely unplugged all of the connections from my PS3. I am not sure how this made any difference, but I did that and my PS3 now connects to the Internet through the wireless connection once again.

Thanks for your help!

Message 7 of 7 (586 Views)
0 Likes