Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 20 2012
By: zezima007 First Son 15 posts

Name change

13 replies 194 views Edited Sep 20, 2012

hey im a newfag and I think the PSN should integrate name change, you do would have to pay for it, so people dont change thier names all the time, maybe only make it possible every 365 days but still making people may for it.

its a little bit like the xbox but I think it would be great.

maybe there also would be less people making multiple accounts.

Message 1 of 14 (194 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30460 posts

Re: Name change

Sep 20, 2012

Welcome to the PlayStation Community!

Aaaaarghhhhhh!

Message 2 of 14 (191 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15664 posts

Sep 20, 2012

really.... for a first post, this is the topic you chose?

did you ever learn how to use the search function?

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 3 of 14 (182 Views)
MVP Support
18721 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

zezima007 wrote:

hey im a newfag and I think the PSN should integrate name change, you do would have to pay for it, so people dont change thier names all the time, maybe only make it possible every 365 days but still making people may for it.

its a little bit like the xbox but I think it would be great.

maybe there also would be less people making multiple accounts.

|Welcome to the PS Community forums, zeziman007

Personally, I believe SONY should give every PSN user a one time-for a fee PSN ID change.  Simple as that. Anyways, have fun reading the vast discussion on this topic. [Click link below]

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=name+change#/?q=PSN+name+chan...

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 4 of 14 (176 Views)
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 20, 2012
I personally believe that PSN in its current state can't easily allow for this functionality. I think by the time the PS4 comes out, it will use a different and more advanced form of the PSN that will allow for name changing and much more...
Message 5 of 14 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Sep 20, 2012

am i the only person ever on psn that got there name changed (and i didnt want to) try what happend to me

go on gran turismo web site and instead of logging in on you psn id make a new account with them keep your email address but change your name

i was singing up for GT academy online (the first GT academy you had to use a pc to enter it) and it wouldnt let me use my psn id bigdave3001. so i singed up a new account with them i used the same email address but changed my name to ozz1243. 7 months later i had log in to my ps3 (auto log in didnt happen) and my name had changed all my save games still worked and online passes. but on far cry 2 if i publish a map it still say published by bigdave3001even now.

only problen is thow if you change you hard drive which i did, you have lost all you EA online passes  there logged on to your other name and you cant redownload them

Message 6 of 14 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Sep 21, 2012

I agree with you but I'd like to add the ability to delete accounts. Not everyone will do it but it'd be nice to have.

Message 7 of 14 (150 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18721 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

ozz1243 wrote:

am i the only person ever on psn that got there name changed (and i didnt want to) try what happend to me

go on gran turismo web site and instead of logging in on you psn id make a new account with them keep your email address but change your name

i was singing up for GT academy online (the first GT academy you had to use a pc to enter it) and it wouldnt let me use my psn id bigdave3001. so i singed up a new account with them i used the same email address but changed my name to ozz1243. 7 months later i had log in to my ps3 (auto log in didnt happen) and my name had changed all my save games still worked and online passes. but on far cry 2 if i publish a map it still say published by bigdave3001even now.

only problen is thow if you change you hard drive which i did, you have lost all you EA online passes  there logged on to your other name and you cant redownload them

So you no longer can sign-in as bigdave3001. I've not heard about this before. To my knowledge SONY would not register more than one PSN ID to a single email.

-Are the DLC content you've purchased as bigdave3001 available to you for download?

-When you check your XMB user profile, are  the  PSN ID & DISPLAY NAME entries filled?

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 8 of 14 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Sep 22, 2012

iv checked and everything is fill out for my ozz id

i didnt have any dlc just the EA passes and i cant download them on my ozz id.

Message 9 of 14 (111 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Sep 22, 2012

This has been talked about so many times. I would love to see it, but I don't think it will happen for a very long time. I don't think Sony's system is flexible enough.

Today I broke my personal record, most consecutive days lived.
Message 10 of 14 (108 Views)
0 Likes