Gaming Beast
2257 posts

Re: NVIDIA opted out of PS4!!!

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013
I replied to someone and this is where it led. I don't care either way, waste your flownious if you so desire. I know from ps3, this is more expensive then PC gaming. Every 6 years its something new that isn't bc with the old systems, that right there alone should tell you this is a waste. Emulators for PC can play all this stuff is what I heard.

How is our dlc double cost of PC and I heard 360? Sony taketh but don't want to pay others well. Hints nvidia opted out or so I read here, just like every corporation though Sony is no different. No bc cause they can make more this way, will our files we purchased this system even work on ps4? I doubt it, highly if the ps3 games won't. Or is it money is reason they won't? They have np at all taking, but paying fair. Houston there's a problem.

If any files work it will only be psone, ps2, more then likely, imagine that.
If anyone needs help, with something they are going thru? Im here to talk, I suffered severe SAD, severe Anxiety and severe Depression, luekemia, blood clots, foot ulcers from bad circulation, insomnia, amongst alot of other things. I thought I was gay, murderer, childmolester, transgender even thought I was the bad guy himself. Not judging any but knew I wasnt any them before and dont want to be. Just let me know, some i believe are severly wrong and will get you threw in jail as should, if you act on them. Im getting better. This wasnt sweet lies, like hey that hot woman likes you. Like they used to be. These was bad lies considering I wasnt none them before and dont want to be.
Message 81 of 103 (137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Mar 16, 2013

nvidia just sound really bitter about losing so many lucrative contracts, whats even the intention of making such a pointless statement like this? Talk about a sore loser >.>

Message 82 of 103 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Mar 16, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

Icestar10 wrote:

I have always wanted to build a computer. I guess I could try to figure out how build a computer. lol Smiley Tongue

My last four desktops have been custom rigs from the ground up.  My most recent 'masterpiece' was built around an AMD Phenom (first generation) Quad-core with a SLI'd pair of GeForce 9800s (1GB GDDR5 VRAM each).

It really is a pretty simple process.  You just have to keep in mind what you want to do with it, and buy the pieces you need for the machine you want to build.  For example, Intel processors won't fit on system boards designed for AMD processors.  They have different pin profiles.  Similarly, not all Power Supplies will work with all system boards.  And invest in a decent anti-static mat and wristband before you do anything...

Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it! Smiley Happy

Message 83 of 103 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Mar 16, 2013
Well now there's a article about Nvidea talking about PS4 specs already out of date. I WAS going to post it but since there alot of BS about this little thread, I have decided to just someone else fill in on that matter.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 84 of 103 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Mar 16, 2013
Sounds more like Nvidea just wanted way to much money for what Sony wanted. So Sony went to AMD and now Nvidea is taking shots at them. LOL how childish of them. But on the real side, we console gamers don't give a rats **bleep** because the PS4 still looks amazing. I wonder how much BS will be said about the new xbox when there show of there specs????? Yea probably NOTHING cause Nvidea don't wanna get of Microsoft's bad side.
Message 85 of 103 (102 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 16, 2013

TheDster wrote:
Ok dudes, it's p4. It's 13 years old, makes since, came with 2 gig ram, sata hd. IDE DVD roms, i put in a 300 something nvidia card, took out a128 mb amd card. The amd card couldn't play eq good but the replacement 320 could and was able to max wow graphics out, lich king I had to start lowering the settings though. Still almost, 25 buck upgrade. So 13 years old and still whooping this generations consoles.

If this information is correct, then the PC isn't older than 10 years.  SATA was released in 2003.

Also, WoW graphics aren't that great compared to newer games.  Blizzard intentionally used that "cartoony" look because of the lower polygon count, making the game more accessible to PCs that weren't at the time cutting edge. The closest game i can think of with that type of look would be Kingdoms of Amalur.  Personally, I think KoA looks better than WoW on max settings. 

I also believe games like Halo 4, Uncharted 3, and Assassin's Creed 3 look much better than anything that PC would be able to run.

Back to the OP, Nvidia and AMD are all personal preference.  Some games run better with Nvidia while others run better on AMD, although AMD are more cost effective.  I have been building my own PCs for about 10 years now and have used both, but primarily AMD as they seem to have better longevity (I usually give my older parts away as I upgrade). Hopefully the money Sony saves translates into costs savings that trickle down to the consumers.

Message 86 of 103 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2257 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 16, 2013

Either way its still old and out performing the consoles of today,  Maybe new ps4 may out perform it?  However PC gaming has climbed alot more over that many years.  I got this pc before ps2 was even out, i believe or close to the time it came out and it wasnt top notch at that time.  I aint here to be proven wrong im here to tell the truth and you proved i have to the best of my knowledge, i got the reciept i dont want to dig it out but i got it.  i said 13 it was 11 my bad yrs old, my bad.

Pc is and always will be superior.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m3-xw_BOwo  Ill give credit where its due and ps3 is mostly 720p gaming vs 360 as long as your playing in 720p native that means it wont fill the entire surface of a 1080p screen like 360 will.  It looks just as good if not better then 360.  To me it seems to minature though, maybe if you have a 720p tv thats big it may look incredible?  Blown across a 1920x1080p surface it looks like crap though.

My pc 11 year old and my new one can both do 1920x1200 and is always outpeforming consoles.  Graphics and performance smooth always.  Rarely do your frame rates drop to were you will notice anything unless your pushing it to hard.  Consoles you always lose tons of framerates and its pushing itself?

Heres what im doing this generation, gaming pc.  ps4 and 720 generation games i will buy for it and some of this generations as well.  Mostly the ps4 and 720 generation on up.  Im going to hook that bad boy to my tv with wireless keyboard and mouse and get a ps3 designed pc controller for that bad boy.  The end for about 15 years, then after that slap me in the most up to date graphics card.  The end and when ps5 and xbox1080 comes out, ill still be able to play them games and maybe on up the chain.  It will last 3 console generations easy and top of the line would maybe even last 5.  After that just slap in a better card and better ram.  Money saved, beats giving corporations thousands in 5 years when you can make it last 15.

If anyone needs help, with something they are going thru? Im here to talk, I suffered severe SAD, severe Anxiety and severe Depression, luekemia, blood clots, foot ulcers from bad circulation, insomnia, amongst alot of other things. I thought I was gay, murderer, childmolester, transgender even thought I was the bad guy himself. Not judging any but knew I wasnt any them before and dont want to be. Just let me know, some i believe are severly wrong and will get you threw in jail as should, if you act on them. Im getting better. This wasnt sweet lies, like hey that hot woman likes you. Like they used to be. These was bad lies considering I wasnt none them before and dont want to be.
Message 87 of 103 (84 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11354 posts

Mar 16, 2013

TheDster wrote:

Money saved, beats giving corporations thousands in 5 years when you can make it last 15.

How are you saving thousands if you are spending $300-400 on a new video card every couple of years?  You realize each time you upgrade to a top of the line video card, you are basically spending the same amount as you would on a new console, right?

And no PC will last 15 years, and still be able to play the most current games.  Yes, a new video card can make up for the lack of a CPU's power to some extent, but at some point, the CPU will be overwhelmed by the amount of data going through it.

And as pointed out, replacing parts in a computer makes it no longer 'old'.  WoW debuted in 2004, and the most recent expansions won't run on anything that was released before 2006 or so (see my previous post about it).  How about giving us a more recent example that plays at max settings on your "old" PC.  Like Crysis 3 or even Skyrim.  Your 11 year old PC outperforming consoles with 9 year old games is not impressive.

Message 88 of 103 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2257 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 16, 2013

every 15 years, console gaming you spending 600 plus every 6 years.  Im getting this for my pc amongst others i enjoyed.  Who knows what ps4 is going to be, i heard close to 1k.  Does anyone know if theres a way to put 3 different OS on a PC by seperation? of the hard drive.  Like they was doing with ps3s back in the day, 96 and the xmb type thing but mine would be 98-xp-win7 and up seperations.  I like leisure suit larry that can play on win98 only i think.  thats not including the games, they stay over priced on consoles for a long time.

http://www.bing.com/shopping/mafia-ii-pc-game-2k/p/98624AA72F55AE6ACDD4?q=mafia+2+pc&lpq=mafia%202%2...

Message 89 of 103 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Mar 16, 2013
Xbox games are NOT 1080p, they are up scaled games from 720p to 1080p. If that's the case then why is alot of the PS3 games look better in 720p the Xbox 1080p games? Man you have a serious issues with your 18 year old computer you think looks better the PS3 graphics. When Sony and Microsoft start designing the next system, its RIGHT AFTER the latest system is released. So yea some of the graphics cards seem old but its not about graphics, its about the quality of the game the makes the difference. The graphics still seem on par with current PC's who are not high end over $1,000 PC's.
Message 90 of 103 (50 Views)
0 Likes