MVP Support
13559 posts

Re: NVIDIA opted out of PS4!!!

Mar 15, 2013

I find it more entertaining that his "new" PC has just a P4.

Why would anyone buy a PC that only has a P4? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 71 of 103 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Icestar10 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Icestar10 wrote:

Oops, I did not mean to kudo TheDster's post! lol I was trying to click on the reply button. Ignore the kudo, everyone! Smiley Tongue

I prefer playing on consoles because it's more simple.

You kudos him? Shame on you. If he gets kudos, I deserve 20 (since my PC is, according to him, 20 years newer)

I buy console games also if I enjoy sitting on the couch. Sitting at my computer hurts my back.

Trust me, it was an accident. I actually just figured out how to unkudo! Smiley Tongue

Yeah, same here. With consoles I don't have to worry if games work or not. They just work! 

Well technically I don't have to worry either, I have an awesome PC in which all games work XD

But again, it just depends on the game. I played Tomb Raider on PC because it looked nicer. Plus I was too lazy to go out and buy the game. And while I could've just downloaded off of PSN, my PS3 download speeds are much slower than my PC.

I don't know much about computers so I would rather stick to consoles. lol I know that games look and preform better on PC but I really don't know how to build a computer. I also like that PC has backwards compatiblity which is an advantage over consoles. The lack of backwards compatiblity is my biggest complaint with consoles but still, I feel much more comfortable playing on consoles! Smiley Tongue lol

Message 72 of 103 (130 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13559 posts

Mar 15, 2013

Well, the process of building a computer is surprisingly simple. I had my friend over (who's a total computer whiz) help me with the process.

As long as you know where to put each part, the whole process takes 1-2 hours.

And B/C is nice. I play my PS2 games on my PC via emulator (And no, I don't pirate my games. I literally insert my PS2 discs into the DVD drive. It's nice because you can upscale games to HD, except for textures)

Message 73 of 103 (124 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

I have always wanted to build a computer. I guess I could try to figure out how build a computer. lol Smiley Tongue

Message 74 of 103 (121 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10864 posts

Mar 15, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Besides, go look on Yahoo Answers. People keep asking why their laptop won't play games, and then they list Intel HD Graphics 3000/4000 as their GPU (obviously not enough)

It depends how the OS handles the integrated graphics on newer Intel processors.  Intel HD 3000/4000 is basically a graphic subprocessor that shares the same die as the CPU on Intel Core i5 and i7 processors.

It is this graphic subprocessor that allows for Windows 'HDMI over Wifi' and Apple's Airplay Mirroring.

My MacBook Air runs on a Core i5 with Intel HD 4000 graphics, and it is quite capable of playing many current games.  That's basically because MacOS 10.8 is built specifically for the processor, whereas Windows is designed to run on a variety of systems, most of which completely ignore the fact that the processor has built in graphics.

Message 75 of 103 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8176 posts

Mar 15, 2013
No matter how good it is, no matter how cheap it's games are, no matter how many exclusives there are on the PC, I'm not buying it. Never got into PC gaming, and now with their invasive DRM (RAM Scanning, Hard Disk Scanning, Steam/Origin/Blizzard Spyware) I won't touch it with a 10-kilometer pole either.

My cheap laptop and Desktop from cobbled together parts is enough for "PC use." Consoles get all the games.
Message 76 of 103 (92 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10864 posts

Mar 15, 2013

Icestar10 wrote:

I have always wanted to build a computer. I guess I could try to figure out how build a computer. lol Smiley Tongue

My last four desktops have been custom rigs from the ground up.  My most recent 'masterpiece' was built around an AMD Phenom (first generation) Quad-core with a SLI'd pair of GeForce 9800s (1GB GDDR5 VRAM each).

It really is a pretty simple process.  You just have to keep in mind what you want to do with it, and buy the pieces you need for the machine you want to build.  For example, Intel processors won't fit on system boards designed for AMD processors.  They have different pin profiles.  Similarly, not all Power Supplies will work with all system boards.  And invest in a decent anti-static mat and wristband before you do anything...

Message 77 of 103 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Mar 15, 2013
Ok dudes, it's p4. It's 13 years old, makes since, came with 2 gig ram, sata hd. IDE DVD roms, i put in a 300 something nvidia card, took out a128 mb amd card. The amd card couldn't play eq good but the replacement 320 could and was able to max wow graphics out, lich king I had to start lowering the settings though. Still almost, 25 buck upgrade. So 13 years old and still whooping this generations consoles.
Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 78 of 103 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Mar 15, 2013
Maybe my new one is better, I know it has dual core. I shouldn't have to even concern any one with it, it defiantly beats the consoles and its 5 yrs old.
Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 79 of 103 (72 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13559 posts

Mar 15, 2013

So if it's "whooping the consoles", why are you here?

You obviously don't care about the consoles, so why post on a Sony forum?

Oh wait, that's right, you're trolling.

Disregard my statement.

Message 80 of 103 (66 Views)