MVP Support
13533 posts

Re: NVIDIA opted out of PS4!!!

Mar 15, 2013

Amazin how a thread how NVIDIA didn't want to support the PS4 turns into "PC vs Consoles".

I have enough money to buy both a gaming PC (already have one) and consoles (Am getting a PS4)

They both have their fair share of exclusives.

Any games that they share, I typically buy on console (Unless the game is a non-COD FPS that focuses on realism, in which I buy on PC, like Battlefield or Crysis, or a game like Tomb Raider, with extra graphical options on PC) Or of course, if the game has really cool player mods (like all the graphical mods you can do with Skyrim. Not to mention my Skyrim on PS3 happened to be one of those buggy ones, so the PC version played nice)

Or if the game just makes more sense on either one (i.e. Never buying an Assassin's Creed game on PC, seems more of a controller game. But RTS games would make their home on PC)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 51 of 103 (103 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Mar 15, 2013

TheDster wrote:
I swear its old, like I said though its upgrade able, it was 8 years old when I bought the ps3. It wasn't top of line when I bought it or it would of cost 3 to 5k. When I got mgs 4 bundle for 675 bucks, that PC was 8. Yrs old.

I had it 8 years at that time, and like I said it wasn't top of the line or it wouldn't of been cheaper. It still IDE DVD drives only sata it came with was HDD but it has sata cord so I could up grade all hardware to sata if I want. P4 processor single core. It came with os Xp home 5.something I believe or smaller. Win updates made it like Xp newer version though.

Now the story changes.

Oh, it's not 20 years old, maybe 15.

Then it is not 15, maybe 8.

Then it's just to "really old".

Nothing you type is worth the pixels used to display it.  You are full of crap.  You always have been.  People shoot down your arguments in micro seconds, and when they do, you just change your story.

Pathetic.  I really hope the asylum you live in gives you your dose of Thorazine, so you are knocked out for the rest of the day, and the rest of us can be spared your BS.

Be One With The Game.

Message 52 of 103 (102 Views)
Gaming Beast
2240 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013
I'm getting a gaming PC to hook to my tv, not a 6 year expire no bc console. It wasn't top of line when I bought it, 8 yrs plus 6 yrs plus whatever age parts was equals pretty old.
Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 53 of 103 (100 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13533 posts

Mar 15, 2013

You know that if you take a PC, and upgrade all the parts, then it's no longer old, right?

Your PC is only as old as the parts you are CURRENTLY using.

I have an old Windows 98 PC in my guest room. If I take out the HDD, Motherboard, CPU, GPU, RAM, PSU, and put in a brand new Motherboard, Intel i7-3770k, an NVIDIA GTX690, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD+32GB Boot SSD, and a 1000W PSU, does that make it still old? No.

Message 54 of 103 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2240 posts

Mar 15, 2013
The only thing upgraded was card, only cause I got it for 25 bucks. Tooth to nail defending wastes of money why do I bother guiding people to money savers? I had to replace power supply as well, it got filthy and was making awful sounds.
Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 55 of 103 (93 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13533 posts

Mar 15, 2013

GPU alone won't help you.

CPU/GPU combination is important, because if one is lacking, it causes bottlenecking.

If I had a Pentium 4 processor @ 1.6Ghz (single core), and somehow managed to install the new GTX Titan, think it would run any games?

Not one bit.

Amazing how you never actuallly listed your EXACT COMPUTER parts. You just say "Radeon 256" or whatever.

Message 56 of 103 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2240 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013
Well then you prove my point, the pcs are outstanding vs consoles that go 6 years no bc. I don't care about the parts the fact is even being that old it's doing better the 720p consoles and one game wow almost full graph iced in settings.
Message 57 of 103 (88 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13533 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

How am I proving your point? I just said that an old PC wouldn't play games if you only change ONE part. The example PC I listed would cost well over $2000.

And you avoided my question on your PC parts.

Message 58 of 103 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2240 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013
I bought the card for 25 bucks slapped it in and it works 300something mb, it was slapped into a 8 yr plus 6 year plus it wasn't top of line when I bought it equal old. Doing better then this consoles this generation consoles. What's there to even care a bought if it lasted this long and still better? Honestly do I need to know what each ancient part is? It's 2 gig ram and p4 processor. IDE DVDs and sata hd. It could be a p2 or p3 processor. My new PC has p4 I think.
Message 59 of 103 (80 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13533 posts

Mar 15, 2013

Yes, you need to know what each part is.

Motherboard Model

Processor model + Clock speeds + # of cores

GPU Model + Core Clock Speed

RAM + Speed (DDR1, DDR2, DDR3, etc)

HDD Model + Storage Capacity

PSU Model + Wattage

Operating System + Service Pack + 32/64Bit

If you don't know any of these, then you really suck with computers in the first place

Message 60 of 103 (76 Views)
0 Likes