Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Re: NVIDIA opted out of PS4!!!

Mar 15, 2013

TheDster wrote:
You would, my 18 yr old computer is better graphics then this generations systems, it had a 256raedon but I put in a 300something nvidia I got for25 bucks. It can almost do wow in full graphics 2gig DDR ram and one processor it's still IDE as well. It's 20 some years now i think. It was old when I bought it, it wasn't top notch. All you have to do with controllers for PC is set it up to game, even though I don't use them with games. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110922164604AAEURvW

You want a ps3 controller and best graphics ever? Spend what you did on this generation and buy a decent PC the games and controllers are cheaper. http://www.dinodirect.com/PC-USB-Dual-Shock-Game-Pad-Controller-with-CD-Driver.html?vn=RGlub2RpcmVjd... Best graphics ever for games such as Skyrim, only Sonys exclusives probably isn't made for PC, I think halos and stuff are?

I can't even get bronze trophys on dishonored dlc, which is expensive vs what it should cost and costed PC users and other system users by double. However I rank number 10 on one expert mission online and 45 on other mission. The auto aim is screwy on the gun missions it went from a head to wall auto matic, no wonder I can't get the bronzes? On one gun mission expert I got in top 100 playing I believe but them bronzes are crazy. I'm doing better on leader boards then the crappy bronzes.

Sony taketh but limits the cash they pay. Just like all corporations. They want it all, and if you don't accept to work that cheap they outsource. They don't mind charging anyone double or triple though.

What is wrong with you?  Seriously.

Your 20 year old computer has better graphics then the PS3.

Your computer from 1993 has better graphics.

Your computer that was before Windows 95 has better graphics.

Your computer that barely had a sound card has better graphics.

Your computer that still used ISA slots for graphics cards has better graphics.

Your 20 year old computer that physically can't even run Windows XP has better graphics.

Everything that spews forth from your brain is a lie.  The fact that you actually believe the nonsense you type just goes to prove your complete lack of grasp on the real world.

I really wish the orderlies would take the computer out of the big padded room you live in.

Be One With The Game.

Message 41 of 103 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013
You want a picture? All I put in it was a 300 something nvidia, I'll bet the 256 Raedon did it to though. 1920x1200, higher graphic power, maybe not processor power? The only thing it may not be able to play is anything above Xp os. If you don't think it does almost play full graphic wow game then I need to take a picture. These systems are a waste of money and always will be. It's XP so vista, win7,win8 games may or may not play on it? Although they make them pretty compatible with past OPerating systems. My bad as well it did come with sata hd but IDE everything else. It's up gradeble to sata. I'm not sure on the 20, it could be 15, it was 8 years old 6 to 7 years ago. I still have the receipt, and I know it wasn't top of the line when I bought it. So I figure a few years in warehouse or on parts? I took the mother board in a computer shop to try to get a new tower for it. There's circuits on it that look like water towers, the tops of them looked like they was puffed and the PC place said that was signs of it being real old. Anyhow still works like a champ.

Systems or consoles are worse then computers they run a course and can't be upgraded at all.
Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 42 of 103 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Mar 15, 2013

fleinn wrote:

Definitely the convenience argument is a very good one. Absolutely agree with that. 

On the other hand -- you can't upgrade it. The Steambox prototypes, for example, are supposed to feature an almost identical graphics solution to the ps4, except the gpu-side will be an e-gpu module. That you would be able to upgrade as easily as if you switched out a controller. It would likely also not be a proprietary solution, so the pricing would be very competitive.

Here's my thing on it.

I am not going to sit here and tell you that either console or computer is superior to the other. Which is what most people are going to argue or debate about. It's not that I feel that PCs are for "enthusists", modders, hackers or elitists. I'm not even going to use the statement that I think PCs are more expensive to use to begin with.

I have been gaming for 30 years. I started on the Atari 2600. I'd spent nearly 20 years gaming on the console before I had my first PC. 20 years of habits goes a long way towards convienence and preference. "Most" of the games I play are not available on the PC and until Sony gets out of the hardware business, likely will never be on PC.

You can't get Uncharted, God of War, Ratchet & Clank, Ni No Kuni, etc on the PC, on Steam, Origin or anything else.That alone makes the console worth my while, more than cost, more than ease of use, more than what is or isn't better graphically.

While the PS 4 is in essence a non-upgradable PC, it is still a console. The OS for it is different than for the computer. Multi-platform games could very well look and run better on a PC but that's not where I personally want to do my gaming. I like the controller. I like the closed system. It's solely my preference for gaming.

I don't care about web browsers on a console or added features like apps, youtube or anything of the sort (unless it could mow my lawn for me). Anti-aliasing, Vsynch, GPU etc is all Greek to me. I don't understand any of it and honestly I don't care about it.

PC gaming simply is not my cup of tea regardless of what benefits there are to it. When the games I want become unavailable on console then I will look into PC gaming.

No offense to you dude. It's simply my preference. That's all that matters in the end.

Message 43 of 103 (86 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Mar 15, 2013

amd has much better tech then nvidia will ever have if you a PC guy then you know the way to go is amd better CPU and better gpu so its the smart thing to do Sony drop nvidia and stay amd

Message 44 of 103 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013
I don't mind it having a Netflix app, everything else is a waste iPads are cheaper then consoles for all you lookup and other bs needs. Lower the cost of consoles and games. They are superior on PC, all but exclusives Sony makes a arent available for PC. Lower them or suffer the consequences. They are not upgrade able and they stopped making them bc so it's a waste even more.

Nvidia and amd are both good though, nvidia is more for realer look to things. Lets face it ps3 couldn't handle, amd is more for toonish looking games but both are good and both can hold their own on either or games. That's what I was told by a tech but could be wrong?
Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 45 of 103 (80 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10911 posts

Mar 15, 2013

TheDster wrote:
You want a picture? All I put in it was a 300 something nvidia, I'll bet the 256 Raedon did it to though. 1920x1200, higher graphic power, maybe not processor power? The only thing it may not be able to play is anything above Xp os. If you don't think it does almost play full graphic wow game then I need to take a picture. These systems are a waste of money and always will be. It's XP so vista, win7,win8 games may or may not play on it? Although they make them pretty compatible with past OPerating systems. My bad as well it did come with sata hd but IDE everything else. It's up gradeble to sata. I'm not sure on the 20, it could be 15, it was 8 years old 6 to 7 years ago. I still have the receipt, and I know it wasn't top of the line when I bought it. So I figure a few years in warehouse or on parts? I took the mother board in a computer shop to try to get a new tower for it. There's circuits on it that look like water towers, the tops of them looked like they was puffed and the PC place said that was signs of it being real old. Anyhow still works like a champ.

Systems or consoles are worse then computers they run a course and can't be upgraded at all.

If you are playing WoW on this computer you speak of, I can guarantee it is not 18 years old.  Maybe 6-8.  If you are running WoW at full graphical settings, your computer is no more than 2-3 years old (or much newer than the PS3).

Minimum CPU requirement is a Core 2 Duo (introduced in 2006).  Recommended is a Core i3 or better (introduced in 2010).

Minimum GPU requirement for WoW is a GeForce 8600/Radeon 2600 (introduced in 2006).  Recommended is a Radeon 5670 (introduced in 2010).

Message 46 of 103 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013
I swear its old, like I said though its upgrade able, it was 8 years old when I bought the ps3. It wasn't top of line when I bought it or it would of cost 3 to 5k. When I got mgs 4 bundle for 675 bucks, that PC was 8. Yrs old.

I had it 8 years at that time, and like I said it wasn't top of the line or it wouldn't of been cheaper. It still IDE DVD drives only sata it came with was HDD but it has sata cord so I could up grade all hardware to sata if I want. P4 processor single core. It came with os Xp home 5.something I believe or smaller. Win updates made it like Xp newer version though.
Message 47 of 103 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Mar 15, 2013

since NVIDIA is out, now AMD can gain a new business market (PS4)

one company's loss is another's gain

Message 48 of 103 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013
You are right, I hope they do good. I wised up since, 6 years seems hardly worth it to me to spend a lot on. Not only that but PC games same ones are cheaper. Skyrim for PC 60 bucks ps3, PC http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007W7VTXQ/ref=asc_df_B007W7VTXQ2410387?smid=AXCF71HGQNKS7&tag=sdcbing1... Stuff like that, is reason I learned.

I hate the auto fix on iPads.
Message 49 of 103 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Mar 15, 2013
When I look at the Crysis series on YouTube, I think man, they are some nice graphics. Does that make me want to upgrade my current PC? Not at all. I have no need to since I have a PS3 and a massive collection of games since the systems launch. I don't see why people need to argue that PC's are better then systems. As long as the system sticks to its 10 year life span and still has quality games released for it, who cares. Got 1 friend who is a hardcore PC gamer, other then that its PS friends or Xbox friends.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 50 of 103 (55 Views)
0 Likes