Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Re: NVIDIA opted out of PS4!!!

Mar 15, 2013

fleinn wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

I don't really know much about the difference between AMD and NVIDIA or most other chips other than they're made by different companies and do slightly different things at slightly different prices. I know people hail PC gaming as "leet" or "all that, a bag of chips and omgz!!!!! i r had 1080 in 2000!!!! lulz". Eh, no thanks. The games I want to play are rarely on the PC. 

The irony of the ps4 being literally PC hardware you can buy on the market right now really is completely lost on you, isn't it?

Doesn't change the fact that unlike an equally specced PC, the PS4 will play games for a longer time and most people will be happy with the quality of games they are getting. For instance, I am thoroughly satisfied with the PS3, more or less. I liked Crysis 2 on it, and I am sure it looked way better on the PC... I couldn't care less, it was plenty good for me already and it ran at a smooth FPS. That's the point of consoles. Buy once, play for a LONG time... I guess you understand that.

Message 31 of 103 (157 Views)
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013
Nvidia, isn't that good. Xbox the first one proved that and ps3 did to lockups galore. Even though I'm not going to ps4, I think Raedon is best from PC experiences with the two. You can buy a controller for PC and its same thing only better in graphics. It won't have Sony exclusives though.
Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Message 32 of 103 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013
Dude, I got thousands in this console in games alone. Thousands in the hardware to between tv and ps3. You buy a computer that expensive your set for 30 years if not more? All you would have to upgrade is graphic cards to keep it top notch graphics, if so desired? My 1920x1200 full graphic settings wow or rift game still hasn't been beat by console gaming. That graphic card is going on a good 10 years old if not more since it came out.
Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Message 33 of 103 (151 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15579 posts

Mar 15, 2013

TheDster wrote:
Nvidia, isn't that good.
Oh, you're full of it.
Xbox the first one proved that and ps3 did to lockups galore. Even though I'm not going to ps4, I think Raedon is best from PC experiences with the two. You can buy a controller for PC and its same thing only better in graphics. It won't have Sony exclusives though.
WRONG.

Dude, I got thousands in this console in games alone. Thousands in the hardware to between tv and ps3. You buy a computer that expensive your set for 30 years if not more? All you would have to upgrade is graphic cards to keep it top notch graphics, if so desired? My 1920x1200 full graphic settings wow or rift game still hasn't been beat by console gaming. That graphic card is going on a good 10 years old if not more since it came out.
Here you go again. You have NO IDEA what you're talking about.

Everytime you post, this is what I do.

facepalm2

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 34 of 103 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013
You would, my 18 yr old computer is better graphics then this generations systems, it had a 256raedon but I put in a 300something nvidia I got for25 bucks. It can almost do wow in full graphics 2gig DDR ram and one processor it's still IDE as well. It's 20 some years now i think. It was old when I bought it, it wasn't top notch. All you have to do with controllers for PC is set it up to game, even though I don't use them with games. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110922164604AAEURvW

You want a ps3 controller and best graphics ever? Spend what you did on this generation and buy a decent PC the games and controllers are cheaper. http://www.dinodirect.com/PC-USB-Dual-Shock-Game-Pad-Controller-with-CD-Driver.html?vn=RGlub2RpcmVjd... Best graphics ever for games such as Skyrim, only Sonys exclusives probably isn't made for PC, I think halos and stuff are?

I can't even get bronze trophys on dishonored dlc, which is expensive vs what it should cost and costed PC users and other system users by double. However I rank number 10 on one expert mission online and 45 on other mission. The auto aim is screwy on the gun missions it went from a head to wall auto matic, no wonder I can't get the bronzes? On one gun mission expert I got in top 100 playing I believe but them bronzes are crazy. I'm doing better on leader boards then the crappy bronzes.

Sony taketh but limits the cash they pay. Just like all corporations. They want it all, and if you don't accept to work that cheap they outsource. They don't mind charging anyone double or triple though.
Message 35 of 103 (142 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11161 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

fleinn wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

I don't really know much about the difference between AMD and NVIDIA or most other chips other than they're made by different companies and do slightly different things at slightly different prices. I know people hail PC gaming as "leet" or "all that, a bag of chips and omgz!!!!! i r had 1080 in 2000!!!! lulz". Eh, no thanks. The games I want to play are rarely on the PC. 

The irony of the ps4 being literally PC hardware you can buy on the market right now really is completely lost on you, isn't it?

No it's not. However, I still won't have to worry about upgrading pieces or ever have to worry if I have enough power to play the game. Not to mention the games that will never be on PC that I can only get through the Playstation. That alone makes it worth my money and my time.

Message 36 of 103 (93 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15579 posts

Mar 15, 2013

TheDster wrote:
You would, my 18 yr old computer is better graphics then this generations systems, it had a 256raedon but I put in a 300something nvidia I got for25 bucks. It can almost do wow in full graphics 2gig DDR ram and one processor it's still IDE as well. It's 20 some years now i think. It was old when I bought it, it wasn't top notch. All you have to do with controllers for PC is set it up to game, even though I don't use them with games. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110922164604AAEURvW

You want a ps3 controller and best graphics ever? Spend what you did on this generation and buy a decent PC the games and controllers are cheaper. http://www.dinodirect.com/PC-USB-Dual-Shock-Game-Pad-Controller-with-CD-Driver.html?vn=RGlub2RpcmVjd... Best graphics ever for games such as Skyrim, only Sonys exclusives probably isn't made for PC, I think halos and stuff are?

I can't even get bronze trophys on dishonored dlc, which is expensive vs what it should cost and costed PC users and other system users by double. However I rank number 10 on one expert mission online and 45 on other mission. The auto aim is screwy on the gun missions it went from a head to wall auto matic, no wonder I can't get the bronzes? On one gun mission expert I got in top 100 playing I believe but them bronzes are crazy. I'm doing better on leader boards then the crappy bronzes.

Sony taketh but limits the cash they pay. Just like all corporations. They want it all, and if you don't accept to work that cheap they outsource. They don't mind charging anyone double or triple though.

And you're WRONG AGAIN.

See, now you're resorting to nit-picking what you don't like about certain games that have NOTHING TO DO WITH GRAPHICS OR VIDEO CARDS.

You never have and never will make any sense. 

How does this make any sense in your mind?

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 37 of 103 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Mar 15, 2013

TheDster wrote:

18 year old PC running modern day games, haha sure.. Okay, I'll let you play with your imaginary friends in the sand. But be home by 6 and you oughta go to bed by 8 PM. And don't forget you have kindergarten interviews tomorrow, so I need you in best behavior. :smileywink:

Message 38 of 103 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4131 posts

Mar 15, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

fleinn wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

No it's not. However, I still won't have to worry about upgrading pieces or ever have to worry if I have enough power to play the game. Not to mention the games that will never be on PC that I can only get through the Playstation. That alone makes it worth my money and my time.

Definitely the convenience argument is a very good one. Absolutely agree with that. 

On the other hand -- you can't upgrade it. The Steambox prototypes, for example, are supposed to feature an almost identical graphics solution to the ps4, except the gpu-side will be an e-gpu module. That you would be able to upgrade as easily as if you switched out a controller. It would likely also not be a proprietary solution, so the pricing would be very competitive.

I mean, you have to admit that the entire "hoho, PC is loads of crazy settings and for enthusiasts" is becoming a bit hollow, when the hardware and OSes on Sony's consoles increasingly start to look like Android and iOS, just with less features. And when their games are multiplatform games, except you can't actually change any display settings, or hit the v-sync target rather than have an extra filter on the shadows, if you wanted that.

The OS features they do ship with the consoles also aren't much to jump in the roof for - and nothing of the prototyping examples we've seen for the ps4 actually is something that can't run in a web-browser. The customizable overlays, the simultaneous app-space running on top of the game, etc., with chat or something like that - you don't see it, because it's not there. The suggestions that penetrate Sony-world nowadays also are notoriously oriented around the simplest and cheapest solution. And I fully expect that all of you, even the most extreme Sony otaku, will be disappointed with the end product.

Meanwhile, Nvidia and game-developers generally are often deploying solutions that autodetect your settings based on what will be optimal from the developer's perspective. On the ps4, the same game could very well be running on different settings than what you actually want, because publishers may - once again - convince themselves of that sd-resolutions and max 720p resolutions should be prioritized over 1080p screens. This goes for things such as turning the resolution up, or having that as an option. While reducing AA and texture filtering, to focus on what you want to see. Similarly, if you had a 720p screen and wanted AA and texture filtering, but lower internal resolution - you would very obviously pick that, and the auto-options would agree 99% of the time.

And Sony isn't going to include that with the ps4. It'd be difficult as crazy, and add a month to the approval process if they were to test that :smileyvery-happy:

I'm just saying that if you wanted to make the ps4 seem a good purchase, you're not going to focus on it being able to run multiplatform games -- just with less options, and a baseline graphics card that can't be upgraded. Like I said in the other thread, it's the overlay and the social functions, along with the free games and ps+ that Sony has to sell. The rest is a horrendous deal that in no way is in proportion to the amount of money people will eventually pour into a closed console in terms of disc-purchases and games&accessories otherwise.

Message 39 of 103 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7591 posts

Mar 15, 2013

TheDster wrote:
my 18 yr old computer

18 years ago? 1995?

Can you believe that thing costed $3000 in 1995 (~$4500 adjusted for inflation).

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Message 40 of 103 (75 Views)
0 Likes