Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Re: NVIDIA opted out of PS4!!!

Mar 17, 2013

abhijtv wrote:

JamesBlessonS wrote:

Maybe during the previous generations PC gaming would have been better than consoles but IMO, I think its slowly shifting sides. With PC all you can use is your mouse, game controller and your keyboard. with the PS3 you can use move controllers, the camera etc. There are even other things like blu ray that would make gamers prefer Playstation over PC. (most PC's don't have blu ray)

<BEGIN OFF TOPIC RANT>

I believe it would be a long time before consoles get irrelevant. I know fully well that consoles are a compromise on graphics and sheer performance. I know I can potentially get better looks on a PC. I also happen to know that it will be mighty expensive to do so however. For instance, I got my PS3 about 2 years ago at the low low price of around $300. At that price, you will be hard pressed to get even a half assed laptop. Perhaps a "mediocre" PC. You need to spend far more to get a PC that can actually play games decently, without you having to bash your head against it every second. And alas, in a year or two it gets outdated and now it can't play any games decently.

The console on the otherhand will. You can still play all the cross platform games that came out on the PC on your PS3, at a decent frame rate and with decent looking graphics. You can play some exclusive with eye popping graphics (Uncharted/God of War to name a few). And you can continue to do so at the low low price of $300..

So no matter what a PC playa says, he can keep his supercharged PC while I'll play on my PS3 and have a heftier wallet. Thanks!

<END RANT>

Sorry for the slight off topic here. But I was compelled to say this when JamesBlessonS mentioned this in his statement.

I feel exactly the same way man, I tried to shift gaming from my PS3 to laptop even though I could get the grahics better than the ps3, I din't know what is the best my PC could do, If I increased GFX, it reduced Performance and vice versa, consoles always get to that exact sweet spot. When making a game for a PC,, you need to make a game that would be supported by a variety of PCs' while making a game for a console you make a game for one console.

Message 101 of 103 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Mar 18, 2013

TheDster wrote:
Ok dudes, it's p4. It's 13 years old, makes since, came with 2 gig ram, sata hd.

No it isn't you liar.

SATA wasn't even released until 2003.  That means the absolute oldest it could possibly be is 10 years old.

As we are still early in 2013 and taking into account the speed of proliferation of new standards in retail computers.  It is most likely 9 years old.

So now you are trying to argue that a 9 year old PC, with an updated graphics card, has better graphics than a 7 year old console.

Well Duh.  No sh*t Sherlock.  How does that prove your point at all?  That only stands to reason.

In fact it goes more to work against your argument.  In that it took a fairly top of the line PC, that cost more than a console new, plus more money on an updated graphics card, to out perform a cheaper console released around the same time as said PC.

I think it is pretty obvious which one was the less expensive option.  And which one gave more bang for the buck.

20 year old PC.  Ha.

You are hopeless.  Absolutely hopeless.

Be One With The Game.

Message 102 of 103 (62 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Mar 20, 2013

What's wrong TheDster?  You're not going to change the story again?

No other piece of nonsensical information to try and prove your PC is older than it is?

No admission that your theory is just that, Your Theory?

Once again, you have proven why no one should listen to anything you post.

Be One With The Game.

Message 103 of 103 (37 Views)
0 Likes