Uncharted Territory
1473 posts

Re: NOT SO GREAT FREE GAMES SELECTION!/:

May 18, 2011

Would you rather it be critter crunch and mushroom wars to choose from?  I was pretty shocked when they rolled out that list with inFamous and LBP.

Message 11 of 24 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4477 posts

May 18, 2011

Can anyone throw a link or source my way in showing what games we are going to get? To be honest I was unable to log into the forums during the whole fiasco with PlayStation Network as well, and I have been trying to get up to speed. I never "officially" saw the manifisto though of what Sony was officially giving us all in the "Make Good" package. Other then the tact on subscription(s) and free PlayStation+ (A.K.A the coupon book) for thirty days. So, if anyone has a link or source could you please throw it out there?

Photobucket
Message 12 of 24 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
429 posts

May 18, 2011
Message 13 of 24 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

May 18, 2011

agreed, but....SONY DOES NOT CARE...THIS WELCOME BACK PACK IS EXTRA LAME AND A ZERO SUM LOSS FOR SONY...they can do this and people will actually think it's great becuase people, and especially zombied out gamers, do not and will not hold them accountable.

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely                    believe they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Message 14 of 24 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

May 18, 2011

Sony doesnt care?

How do you come about that?

Sony:

Is offering two free games out of 5 games, The latest offerings for the system? no... but this is for a service that is FREE TO BEGIN WITH THAT SONY HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO SHUT DOWN FOR NO REASON AT ALL... Its called a good will gesture...

Is offering 30 days of PLUS = more free games and discounts for games being puchased - again a good will gesture and you are getting their premiere service FREE. oh forgot free movies.

Is offering ID theft protection. FREE again no cost to you but to them.

Is offering reports to credit monitoring companies to keep you abreast of issues that may have arose from this issue.

If anything, id Say sonys been REALLY forthcoming offering were sory packages. and im just mentioning the stuff people that have no plus or play DCOU. In all honesty Sony owes you squat becuase you AGREED to the TOU.

You my friend are the Kind of person that would verbally lambaste Sony for creating a cure for cancer becuase they didnt create one for AIDS first. in all honesty, if you dont like what you ARE being offered you dont have to take it. You remember that lesson from when you lived at home right? You dont like what mom made for Dinner? you dont eat dinner. end of story...

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
Message 15 of 24 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4477 posts

May 18, 2011

Thank you, for the link, Kryshalis.

As for your statement, Big__, I do not know what to tell you. Personally I've been a Sony PlayStation user since the beginning, and have been rockin' with Sony for over fifteen years now. This package may seem "lame" to you, but the fact remains in that they are giving some good quality titles to it's users, and fans. Whether or not it's a loss to them or not is not your concern. You are not being paid by Sony to think for them, and you certainly are not being "forced" to play on their network, their products or to buy/purchase their products and goods.

-- "If you have an issue; here's a tissue." --

Photobucket
Message 16 of 24 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 18, 2011

UNBELEIVABLE WELCOME WHACK PACKAGE !

You with think with the fragile time SONY is entering due to lack of customer protection and security breach which compromised many FINANCIALLY, they would go above and beyond to make us happy , and even brainwash us not to sue them ( as people already are ) , with 2new games of OUR CHOICE , NOT THEIRS !  Instead the marketing geniuses provide us with nintendo style games and playstation plus for 30 days and stickers and balloons ......lol NO COST FOR SONY  . They dont get it , you just made your customers more upset  ! CHEAP MOVE.... nothing is better . You guys should seriously let us choose any game we want... if you are sorry as you say , if not you just gave us some cheap used online , choise of four games.... WHO DOES THAT !   If all these people are not happy , it obviously didnt work....that is a welcome back feeling. Hopefully, you go with plan b , which Im sure you had discussed in your board room, in which your lunch was more expensive than our welcome back package . Please make us happy ... let us choose our own games . The customer brings home Sony money , not wether the service is free, you cater to make them happy, this is so useless. EVERYONE I KNOW AGREES, WE JUST HOPE YOU RECONSIDER

Message 17 of 24 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

May 18, 2011

Tathrob wrote:

UNBELEIVABLE WELCOME WHACK PACKAGE !

You with think with the fragile time SONY is entering due to lack of customer protection and security breach which compromised many FINANCIALLY, they would go above and beyond to make us happy , and even brainwash us not to sue them ( as people already are ) , with 2new games of OUR CHOICE , NOT THEIRS !  Instead the marketing geniuses provide us with nintendo style games and playstation plus for 30 days and stickers and balloons ......lol NO COST FOR SONY  . They dont get it , you just made your customers more upset  ! CHEAP MOVE.... nothing is better . You guys should seriously let us choose any game we want... if you are sorry as you say , if not you just gave us some cheap used online , choise of four games.... WHO DOES THAT !   If all these people are not happy , it obviously didnt work....that is a welcome back feeling. Hopefully, you go with plan b , which Im sure you had discussed in your board room, in which your lunch was more expensive than our welcome back package . Please make us happy ... let us choose our own games . The customer brings home Sony money , not wether the service is free, you cater to make them happy, this is so useless. EVERYONE I KNOW AGREES, WE JUST HOPE YOU RECONSIDER

I cant even begin to fathom your justification for the ignorance being spouted off by your arrogance and entitlement, No offense to you personally but seriously. Let's break this down shall we?

Now then, IF YOU personally were affected by this due to loss of information entrusted to Sony by YOU - Id think the LAST thing that you would be worrying about is a free video game IN ANY CAPACITY - which gives me pause to wonder where your ideals lie - given your rant about the "poor game choices" makes me cringe at what youre  really thinking. Reading the Blog Sony HAS posted its been made succinct by them that even if CC info WAS some way decyphered, would still render that information useless as most "Automated" sites that you could use that CC number STILL require your CCV number and your area code , so for a hacker to even USE the CC on file he'd need.

Your ZIP

Your full first and last on the CC

Then decypher sonys encryptions on the CC number

The CCV on the back of the card

So. Sony placed some stop gaps just in case for this as well as informing anyone that they felt was compromised to the proper channels and has offered several other FREE anti- identity theft steps and self help processes. All of which is pretty much common sense , but it was still offered.

Additionally "all these people suing" have two things to prove beyond a shadow of a reasonable doubt, that Sony is solely responsible for the identity theft that happened. Since Sony doesnt have all the peices of the puzzle if you will to allow someone to freely run around and use the card on a internet shopping spree that indicates that the hacker would have to solicit or steal the information directly from the end user (the people suing). This is a HUGE burden on the people suing and in a CA court if you sue and you are found lacking YOU pay all court expenses, and most folks dont have that kind of money - FURTHER i would recommend going and reading that TOU you agreed to, i think youll find a few things interesting regarding the use and care of personal Data, like you agree that you wont sue Sony in cases like this.

In regards to the PSN. To be completely honest Sony already MADE the money they are going to make on it because the DEVS pay for the option to host their DLC on the service, the DEVS keep the PSN running. This is why Sony can turn a buck on the PLUS setup. you are paying them and they are restructuring the price removing what little they get from the sale. its free because it makes no money, or rather it wouldnt make enought to facilitate having them force a charge. offering us ANYTHING because we couldnt access a free service is a GESTURE not an ENTITILEMENT. Suffice to say your rant is moot... if you were compromised by sony the last thing on your mind is free games...

In closing id like to refer back to an earlier statement i made regarding entitlement and life lessons.

You are showing the attitude of a person that would lambaste a person for discovering a cure for cancer because they didnt discover one for AIDS first in short in your mind NOTHING that they do will be good enough unless you have control over it directly - and you dont.

Do you remember when you would get called to Dinner and you didnt like what was being served? You were probably told to eat it or you got nothing... The same thing applies. You DONT HAVE to take whats offered and you can employ a lawyer - I would recommend doing a consultation first.

And i would recommend in the future not speaking for everyone. Because as far as im concerned Sony is the victim here not you... Unless you have PROOF you got your identity stolen directly from this attack.

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
Message 18 of 24 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

May 18, 2011

Well said Phuqiu.

I for one am going to pick inFamous and Mod Nation Racers for my PSP =D

Message 19 of 24 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2550 posts

May 18, 2011

filthyace13 wrote:

The games that we are getting for free its not a great selection of games and most of them i have them i believe its not fair!

Nobody ever said that life is fair , if you don't like the games don't take them.

"You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike."
 photo original_1.gif
Message 20 of 24 (7 Views)
0 Likes