Mar 29 2011
By: StuByph Uncharted Territory 1680 posts

NGP's NVG

10 replies 33 views Edited Mar 29, 2011

Now I have I said in the NGP Evolution thread about my fears of the NGP doing the PSP to PSP Go on me....

NGP-NVG.jpg

This is cool but at the same time worries me and makes me say what happen to the portable.....I have got used to the PSP Go and all DLC games.....30 something odd games that I don't need to carry around individually or in some sort of cool Sony case...Now don't get me wrong I carry my Sony Purse around with me basically all the time

DSC02603.jpg

Now in the event that I get jacked for my Sony Purse and loose my portable and everything with it...as it stands I can just drop out $199.99 and get another Go call SCEA and deactivate that Go and I still have my $500 in games on the PSN server....now before with the UMD's I got jacked and lost 13 games and was in the mist of dropping out $129.99 for a PSP 3000 and then buying the UMD's all over again....I'd hate to have to re-buy 13 of these NVG's on top of another NGP because my Sony Purse got stole...I hope that every NGP game comes out as PSN DLC and NGP NVG

The final big issue is during PSP Go era there was the constant debate of when will the UMD's go PSN DLC.......and Still to this day there are about 5-7 UMD's I am still waiting for to make it to PSN....this being the case will we get the shaft and these various things could possibly happen....

1) NGP games will be horrible split between NVG and PSN DLC...forcing you to buy the NVG if you want a certain game or to have to buy it on PSN if you want that game....I love GameStop but I would like my games on the NGP DLC

2) SCE decides to finally release the rest of the UMD's but in NVG form only....IMHO this would be their way of trying to rid of the PSP's and PSP Go

Now I can understand that if the NGP games are dat-gum near 4gb in size as they say that is how much memory the NVG will have (not to mention the game save, update and addons on the individual NVG) but if the NGP only has like double the internal memory that the PSP Go had 16gb (14gb usable) then 32gb will not allow me to roll like I do on my PSP Go....18-20 games, a movie that is almost 2 hours, 1,000 images....and I use my 4gb M2 for all my music so as I keep 4gb free on my Go internal...

Well I'm off to sleep to dream of the NGP and what it's untold games will be like....Grand Theft Auto, Socom, Gran Turismo, Tekken, Meteal Gear Solid, Next Generation style

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 1 of 11 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Re: NGP's NVG

Mar 29, 2011

Sony have already stated that physical games for the NGP will be released on the PSN, but PSN games do not neccessarily get physical releases.

Message 2 of 11 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Mar 30, 2011

CaptainHuggyface wrote:

Sony have already stated that physical games for the NGP will be released on the PSN, but PSN games do not neccessarily get physical releases.

This sounds weird.....so the NVG releases will be on PSN as DLC....yet if it is DLC it won't be on NVG....that is fine by me....just get the rest of the UMD's on PSN.......I would hate for them to fade because they are UMD

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 3 of 11 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8179 posts

Mar 30, 2011

There's something called "Licensing" and it prevents old UMDs from being released in PSN.

If you are concerned about theft, keep your bag on you at all times and keep it in front of you.

Message 4 of 11 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Mar 30, 2011

Past UMD releases will not neccessarily be put on the PSN and they would not be put on the new media cards for the NGP, there are copyright and contract problems with puttting past games on the PSN, also why would Sony put PSP games on the new media cards? They want you to play NGP games but you have the option to play PSP games that are available on the PSN, they will not put any extra effort into putting old games onto new media.

Message 5 of 11 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Mar 30, 2011

CaptainHuggyface wrote:

Past UMD releases will not neccessarily be put on the PSN and they would not be put on the new media cards for the NGP, there are copyright and contract problems with puttting past games on the PSN, also why would Sony put PSP games on the new media cards? They want you to play NGP games but you have the option to play PSP games that are available on the PSN, they will not put any extra effort into putting old games onto new media.

I'd like to feel that way but there are so many games that were sent to PSN....I just feel it's companies not feeling that the game on UMD is worth being reborn on PSN because it just didn't gross enough....I think that's wher a lot of the rebirth of games decisions come from....how successful was it really....cus dude there are some solid UMD titles that made it to PSN....MGS PO and PO+,while the acids did not make it, Midway Arcade Treasures did late down the raod I thought I wouldn't see it, Capcom Collection's, Atari Anthology, I am waiting for Namco Museum but now they did the  Pac Man mini which is cool but the Namco Museum is way better....Samurai Shodown Anthology  maybe I had my head up my PS3 but I did not see that on UMD I saw it on PSN and got it with the quickness......IDK I just feel there is money to be made and an unspoken demand to have the UMD's brought back...at least more of them than what we currently have that is.....

No I don't really see them doing that with putting UMD's on NVG as a resale on the NGP...but I'm just making a point of like if a MGS NGP comes out and if you get the NVG version it comes with Acid and the DLC version doesn't it....Me I am a MG and a PSP fan this kind of move would kill me

Never the less one big reason I got a PSP was to play the oldies and retro on that bad boy....I would like to see PS,PS2, and PSP UMD titles start really hitting PSN to a point that people complain "Seriously are we gonna buy all that again"....because me yes I would.....

Seriously folks, If you have not bought Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil 1,2, or 3, Nuclear or Soviet Strike, Some Crash Bandicoot, Cool Boarders1,2,or 3, Some Lara Croft, Odd World, Syphon 1,2,or 3, Tekken 2, Twisted Metal 2, Tom Clancy's Rain Bow 6, Spyro, Spec Ops....or some old school that started it all to play on your PSP Go when you are on the Go....I just don't think you are as hard as a gamer as you were when you first started in 1988 when you were trying to get to level 8-4 on Super Mario/Duck Hunt and new damn well there is no save you start with 3 lives....and you use to get to level 7-2 and leave that NES on all day till you got back home from school to finish up beating the game for the 29th time....see you done got soft all these checkpoints and game saves, and online play done softened ya'll up ya'll forgot about your roots........LOL

Sorry bout that had to get that out

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 6 of 11 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Mar 30, 2011

Doppelgangergang wrote:

There's something called "Licensing" and it prevents old UMDs from being released in PSN.

If you are concerned about theft, keep your bag on you at all times and keep it in front of you.

Spare a few clicks for my pet dragons?

Adopt one today!Adopt one today!Adopt one today!Adopt one today!Adopt one today!

Licensing is something built around how much money can we make....if the money is good from the demand new licenses are made...happens all the time...LOL

This is true but if my truck gets a window broke, or some dude pulls a gun it doesn't really matter where my bag...I'm giving it up...and it would be nice if I have $500+ insured on a server so to speak and I can simply DL all over again.....as well I have seen UMD's fail in many ways....my most common is the case comes unglued and oh people who update their PSP via UMD then the UMD Drive does not read any more....or even better I buy 13 games for my brothers son and he "KIDS" them you know what I mean when I say "KIDS" them it is an infinite possibility outcome of "Dang...I gotta buy another one !!!" By time I done replaced $500 in UMD's...I could have went ahead and got a PSP Go and like $300 in games that he can't put the "KIDS"....I would rather cut my losses and drop out for another PSP.....shoot for that fact $500 in UMD's.....or an NGP with $150-$200 worth of content.......?????

You can beat it with a stick...but you are saving more money in the long run with device that supports DLC

Let me know if I'm wrong

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 7 of 11 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Mar 30, 2011

StuByph wrote:

I'd like to feel that way but there are so many games that were sent to PSN....I just feel it's companies not feeling that the game on UMD is worth being reborn on PSN because it just didn't gross enough........

Yes profit is another thing, there are many games out there that did not make enough when first released and the game company does not think that going through the process and cost of clearing copyright and renewing contracts would be worth the trouble and may not get them much more profit, it may not even pay them back the money they spent on the process. And then there are the games that did make a good profit and would be worth the transitions but the company can not legally clear the copyrights for internet distribution of a soundtrack or an artists voice, or maybe the artists/desingers do not want their material distributed that way. There are even cases where someone has died and they can not get permission.

For similar problems look at the problem of putting PSOne classics on the PSN. Here is a blog post from a Sony Rep about it:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/01/31/psone-classics-where-we-all-stand/

Message 8 of 11 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Mar 30, 2011

I will read this as soon as I get home....good looking out

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 9 of 11 (33 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Mar 31, 2011

StuByph wrote:

CaptainHuggyface wrote:

This sounds weird.....so the NVG releases will be on PSN as DD....yet if it is DD it won't be on NVG....that is fine by me....just get the rest of the UMD's on PSN.......I would hate for them to fade because they are UMD

That is not entirely correct.

It basically works just as it did on the PSP with some games on UMD and some on the PSN. Except DD (digital distribution) is now required (instead of requested) for any NGP game. The only real important thing to remember is that PSN games must be DD'd.

Message 10 of 11 (33 Views)
0 Likes