Apr 17 2011
By: StuByph Uncharted Territory 1680 posts

NGP's 3G

12 replies 17 views Edited Apr 17, 2011

Now just so we all know what I know about 3G. It is less than 4G. As well I have never owned a smart phone sooooo. Yes I am comfortable admitting I know jack about smart phones today. For me it was Nextel or it was broke.

Never the less the the point is I will be getting th 3G model. People ask why would you want 3G. It is not stable enough on it's own to play PSP games much less a NGP title.

Well that being true or not does not matter. I want a 3G model for other Playstation purposes.

1. To be able to access PSN like the Internet and chat in text chat send XMB messages, send pics taken with the NGP add friends and other small things of the such maybe even voice chat as well (i assume no video/voice since 3G can't do  games....nor am I sure if 3G phones do voice/video chat) There ar many other things to just those are a few for that.

2. I would like to do remote play with out the need of a wifi area...there are a lot of cool things to do with remote play that I would like to do with my NGP just on it's own

Just in those two topics there are a lot of things to consider some I said others I left out. Because of the lack of knowledge I have in the 3G/4G smart phone stuff umuh-echnologhy. Like playing my PS1 games(PSN DLC or the current one in the drive) via remote play as I do on my PSP Go.

Not only that I will be getting my first Smart phone here soon as the NGP and I will have it be the Xperia Play. I really look forward to seeing if Verizon or AT&T the two companies I have researched are already going to provide phone service for the XP.

Q is now what company is better AT&T or Verizon???? I have always been Sprint.

NGP & Xperia™ PLAY  

Xperia Play V.S NGP

Some other related thread to some of this thread.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 1 of 13 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Re: NGP's 3G

Apr 17, 2011

I have always had Sprint too. But IMO Verizon is better. I remember being in High School, where the inside of class room walls were made of cinderblock, and the only people who had service were the ones with Verizon. Also where I live we have fairgrounds far out and the service there is terrible, Sprint has very faint service, At&t usually gives about 2 bars, but Verizon's service is very well picked up!

Message 2 of 13 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 17, 2011

hmmmm....well I wonder if a Xperia Play and NGP 3G plan service existed who would have it for less then.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 3 of 13 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Apr 17, 2011

Lol, I am gonna go with Verizon. To me they have always had better deals, and contract plans. But I can imagine when it comes out it will roughly be the same price. The iPhone on both are the same price (when purchasing), not sure how the contract/deal pans out for each though.

Oh and btw Sony has a phone called the Sony Ericsson-don't know if they still make them, my mom had one and I was JEALOUS- but it was only on AT&T, so who knows if Verizon would even be an option. (I think there is a reason behind why it was exclusive to AT&T but IDK what it is sorry).

Message 4 of 13 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 17, 2011

Oh the info I have dug up shows that Verizon and AT&T will support the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Android based phone or something along those lines. I just know in that area it has android apps or something or what ever. But at the same time is the Sony Ericsson Xperia (Play)station Phone. But I have not even on the Sony Style website seen a way to buy it strange that it is just advertised. If you use the filters it is not even listed under "Phones with AT&T Plan" nor "Phones without Plan"

I have still been looking for more info since I made the NGP & Xperia™ PLAY  Thread

This is the Sony Style Website

Xperia™  PLAY

Why don't you try going there and see if I am missing something.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 5 of 13 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Apr 18, 2011

You're right, not a lot of info given. But I remembered seeing an ad in GI mag. So i looked it up on their site and found this:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/02/13/sony-details-xperia-play.aspx

Apparently Verizon will be a carrier (dated in Feb of this yr)

Here is another also dated in Feb giving more info:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/02/14/xperia-play-requires-re-buying-of-psn-titles.a...

And here is an update on it from March (nothing else on site about it after this post!

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/02/14/xperia-play-requires-re-buying-of-psn-titles.a...

Message 6 of 13 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 18, 2011

Sweet I'm on my way out the door and will read them all soon...good looking out....I did find one link yeterday before I signed off as well it is in the

NGP & Xperia Play

thread that I have linked in the begiining

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 7 of 13 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Apr 18, 2011

No problem and thanks. This has also reminded that I need to go renew my subscription lol.

Also this was on Gamespot, giving more insight on how "PSN content" will have to be repurchased for phone:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6298836.html?tag=result%3Btitle%3B0

Message 8 of 13 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 18, 2011

Ok I'm home and just read all that info....good info....sad though that I will have to buy RE 1,2,3 all over again.....what I need to know now is if I buy the PS1 title on the XP....will it work on my PSP, PS3, & NGP just fine.....I really hope soo....otherwise I will just continue getting the PS1 titles VIA PS3 and portable playable and just buy XP games....unless the XP has a PS1 game that the portables and PS3 do not have on PS Store.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 9 of 13 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Apr 19, 2011

hmmm not sure, but if you did have to re-buy things that you already have on the XP that would really suck! Hopefully all important questions will be answered at E3.

Have you seen this commercial btw? it's pretty funny

http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/15847/first-xperia-commercial-unveiled/

Message 10 of 13 (17 Views)
0 Likes