Apr 06 2011
By: PhantomOfPanton Sackboy 586 posts

NGP perfect for digital comics!

10 replies 37 views Edited Apr 6, 2011

The NGP would be so perfect for digital comics, the bigger screen would obviouslly let us see more of the comic, but the upgraded screen could also allow for better colors and just an overall sharper appearance.

The most important thing is the multi touch controls though, just like the iPad or the iTouch, you could "pinch" the screen to zoom in or out! Maybe swipe the screen to turn the page? Regular controls should still be in of course, but I think navigating the pages would be so much easier, and in my opinion, better!

What do you think? Are you excited for digital comics on the NGP?

Message 1 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Re: NGP perfect for digital comics!

Apr 6, 2011

I think digital comics are gonna happen on the NGP.  They're a nice accessory and they're already on the PSP through the PSN.  I think Sony will make some money in this department, since the NGP is such a multi-use device.  I know I'll look forward to subscribing to a few comics.

Message 2 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1685 posts

Apr 9, 2011

Yeah, I'm sure Sony will continue them. It would be pretty weird to have the comics just sitting on the PSN store only available for PSP. I find the comic book app to be interesting, though I've only downloaded the free comics. It's a cool little feature.

lensflare15 Trophy Card
Message 3 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Apr 9, 2011

haha yes it wouldn't make sense to not have them on the NGP...but are you guys understanding what I mean by the NGP being perfect for digital comics?

Message 4 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Apr 9, 2011

Yeah the multitouch screen would allow the movement features, similar to the iPod touch.  I think they'll implement it to be like that.  It would make no sense if they didn't.  I think I'd find myself drooling over the screen just excited about how vivid the screen colors and brightness is.  Not many are using OLED technology right now.  We're still getting into LED.

Message 5 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 9, 2011

Like this idea! I assume it will too if not there is still internet where there are many sites to view comics

Message 6 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Apr 10, 2011

ON TOPIC COMMENTS

<3 U GUYZ NAO, haha

It's so nice when people stay on topic and talk about the actual topic

Anyway, great to see many people liking this idea and looking forward too it!

I don't own a PSP, so I can't enjoy digital comics, I have picked up 3 out of 6 god of war comics though! For some reason I prefer physical content over digital content. Perhaps I will switch over too digital with the NGP!

Message 7 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Apr 10, 2011

Digital comics for the NGP would be cool. The bigger screen size would make for the perfect reading. I've been reading a lot of comics on the PSP lately with the infamous and ratchet & clank comics having been released recently.

Message 8 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 10, 2011

yea they will foe sure be on the NGP I have gotten a batman and the warrariors comic and it is great....it will be nice to navigate with the touch screen panel and sixaxis as well as the analogs and same old controls....

But still I would be buying the actual comic as a collectors and the digital for reading...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 9 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Apr 10, 2011

StuByph wrote:

yea they will foe sure be on the NGP I have gotten a batman and the warrariors comic and it is great....it will be nice to navigate with the touch screen panel and sixaxis as well as the analogs and same old controls....

But still I would be buying the actual comic as a collectors and the digital for reading...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

I LIKE LIKE LIKE that post

I got the God of War comics for collecting purposes, but I just might have to buy the digital version for the NPG

I really want there to be one book with all the 6 comic issues. I don't really want to have to buy 6 display cases for all the God of War comics.

Ratchet and Clank comics are going to turn into a book, the book is just all 6 issues in one book form

Can't wait to get it!

Are the digital versions cheaper than the physical versions?

Message 10 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes