Apr 14 2011
By: P-A-N-D First Son 1 posts

NGP carries USB Host Functionality?

3 replies 49 views Edited Apr 14, 2011

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this has already been answered, but I'm really interested in finding out whether the NGP will have USB HOST functionality.

(PS: Can't wait to get my hands on one)

Message 1 of 4 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Re: NGP carries USB Host Functionality?

Apr 15, 2011

it should have a USB type hook up that is like the PSP go. which was a PSP Go adapt to the 2.0 USB....hopefully we can get the NGP adapt to 3.0....so maybe in the future MHL will work out.(NGP adapt to HDMI)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 2 of 4 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Apr 15, 2011

P-A-N-D wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this has already been answered, but I'm really interested in finding out whether the NGP will have USB HOST functionality.

I doubt it will have a host facility, I expect Sony will rely on users pushing their files onto the NGP rather than plugging in an external drive and pulling them off. I can't see any use for it in a games device except pulling music files from your portable hard drive or usb stick and that is not enough for Sony to put it in.

Message 3 of 4 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 15, 2011

CaptainHuggyface wrote:

P-A-N-D wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I doubt it will have a host facility, I expect Sony will rely on users pushing their files onto the NGP rather than plugging in an external drive and pulling them off. I can't see any use for it in a games device except pulling music files from your portable hard drive or usb stick and that is not enough for Sony to put it in.

Well in that sense I do hope we have a notepad type app for the NGP. I would love to have my GTA LCS VCS and MK 1-3 SS Anthology and other games codes  list that I have on my PC to be able to be read on my NGP.

Pause the game like on the PSP Go read memorize a few things than get back in the game. but that is my 1 in a million request.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 4 of 4 (49 Views)
0 Likes