Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 05 2011
By: lensflare15 Uncharted Territory 1685 posts

NGP Release Date To Be Delayed?

17 replies 66 views Edited Apr 5, 2011

http://www.1up.com/news/ngp-release-date-might-no-longer-11

It looks like it will only be coming out in one region this year... Which is perfectly understandable. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

lensflare15 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (66 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Re: NGP Release Date To Be Delayed?

Apr 5, 2011

Via Nikkei,

TOKYO (Dow Jones)--Sony Corp. (6758) said Tuesday it doesn't expect a delay for now in the company's plan to release its new portable gaming machine, despite the massive earthquake and tsunami that struck Japan on March 11.

The electronics giant said it is sticking with its original plan to launch the game machine--tentatively called the next-generation portable, or NGP--in stages starting late 2011.

"So far we see no impact from the quake on our launch plan," said Sony Computer Entertainment spokesman Satoshi Fukuoka, adding that the company will continue monitoring the situation to assess any possible future impact.

Earlier Tuesday, Bloomberg News reported that production problems caused by the disaster had forced Sony to consider rolling out the new machine in only one of three regions--Asia, Europe and the U.S.--in time for the year-end holiday shopping season.

Fukuoka said the Bloomberg report was "wrong." He said that when Sony first unveiled the NGP in late January, it never said it would launch the new machine in all three regions at once.

So, NGP is not going to be delayed. The simultaneous launch globally wont happen either but, Sony say that was not the plan anyways. This news does not leave out the fact the US may recive the NGP sometime in 2011.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1685 posts

Apr 6, 2011

Oh, that's good. Guess I shouldn't believe every "news report" on the internet... Thanks for the info.

lensflare15 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Apr 6, 2011

I want the NGP this year, in America anyway

I understand if there is a delay due to the disaster and time lost, and possibly injured employees. But I would hate to see a delay!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (66 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Apr 6, 2011

lensflare15 wrote:

Oh, that's good. Guess I shouldn't believe every "news report" on the internet... Thanks for the info.

You'rew welcome. People will know exact details at E3.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 13, 2011

Well I can be patient if this disaster means that my NGP will end up being paid in full being as the pr order date is pushed back and at the same time means that the NGP will release with 10 or more games (NGP exclusive titles mind you) on launch that is fine cause that means I'll get my NGP and put money in my PSN wallet at the same time and get a lot of those games that day.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1685 posts

Apr 13, 2011

StuByph wrote:

Well I can be patient if this disaster means that my NGP will end up being paid in full being as the pr order date is pushed back and at the same time means that the NGP will release with 10 or more games (NGP exclusive titles mind you) on launch that is fine cause that means I'll get my NGP and put money in my PSN wallet at the same time and get a lot of those games that day.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Okay, now I'm a little confused about pre ordering... Do you come in to Gamestop and add payments from time to time until it's paid off? Or do you get charged montly off of a credit card? Sorry for these questions, I'd ask someone from Gamestop if I lived near one lol. Have to wait a few months before I can pre order...

lensflare15 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 13, 2011

the pre order is $50 down. It is just like any other pre order so as they will hold one for you when it shows up to the store....

It is personal preference (and kinda common sense in my opinion to pay it off) to pay for it as time passes so as when you go to get it on release you pay little to nothing when you walk in the store.

I.E. $50 down for pre order....next 8 months if I put $50 to it a month it will tally up to about $450 (assuming it drops December) so in doing so when I walk in mine is paid for and if it was only $325 (price yet not truly determined though my GameStoppers told me $300) I got about $100 store credit and any other money I was saving to actually drop the $325 that day and can go hog wild with that on PSN.

Can Ya Dig It.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1685 posts

Apr 13, 2011

Ah, I see, thanks for the info. Makes a lot of sense, I really want to pre order one right now, oh well, just have to wait... Thanks

lensflare15 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 13, 2011

No don't wait you go into town and kick those GameStop doors down and tell them StuByph said "Give Me My Pre Order !!!!!"

LOL....no don't do that you might go to jail then you will miss E3 and the NGP launch possibly.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (66 Views)
0 Likes