Apr 01 2011
By: StuByph Uncharted Territory 1680 posts

NGP Power Cord at Demo's

8 replies 34 views Edited Apr 1, 2011

LOL.....I just need to know why is it that every time they are using the NGP in a demonstration they have it plugged in...I've seen it demo'd once cordless during the Dino Demo on GDC.....LOL which was sick those little features....

I just don't understand why they don't demo it as a portable....you know step on stage and whip it out of their coat pocket demo it and demo it right back into their coat pocket showing it's true portable ability to pull it out and put it away nice and easy and it's not bulky and is easy to stow away

It's just every time I see them I'm like dang am I gonna have to have my NGP plugged in all the time...or have you all not got the battery life beyond 45 min and that is why you keep it plugged in...but I know it's just me

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 1 of 9 (34 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Re: NGP Power Cord at Demo's

Apr 1, 2011

That's the audio jack cable.

Message 2 of 9 (34 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Apr 1, 2011

From Brian Ashcraft,

Note:

The large plug sticking out is not the battery cable. It is a connection for large portable speakers that were set up by Sony for the demo.

via: kotaku

http://betacache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/01/xlarge_ash2.jpg

Message 3 of 9 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 1, 2011

WHAAAAT Audio wire.....pleeeeeease....use the blutooth connection to some cool Sony Bravia Surround Sound with a Blu tooth support ability or some thing.....demo the thing show use what it can do.......If that is what ie was I would have went out and showed off and used the blutooth to transmit audio just to show off that feature

Yes ladies and gentlemen we will be connecting to our sound system via blutooth to show users how great the blutooth feature is and if it has improved on it's range and how clear it is

I mean don't get me wrong I have a Sony Blutooth head set

Sony BLutooth headset.png

and I can vouch using it with my PS3 I can go to the other side of the house damn near and still be crystal clear....and I can get pretty far from my PSP Go before it cuts out....I plan on using it on my NGP too....just would have been nice if they used the blutooth just to show off the NGP in more capacity.....but oh well

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 4 of 9 (34 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Apr 1, 2011

Well, the quickest and most effecient way of getting data bits to go from one place to another is still by wire. The BT radio waves are good but, wires will dominate until sometime far down in the unforseen future when cars fly and stuff.

Message 5 of 9 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Apr 1, 2011

It would be embarassing if the NGP shut down because the battery went dead while using bluetooth (which is version 2.1+EDR the only real improvement over the PSPgo's 2.0+EDR is enhanced pairing security and a low power option, it will have the same range).

Message 6 of 9 (34 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Apr 1, 2011

CaptainHuggyface wrote:

It would be embarassing if the NGP shut down because the battery went dead while using bluetooth (which is version 2.1+EDR the only real improvement over the PSPgo's 2.0+EDR is enhanced pairing security and a low power option, it will have the same range).

Specifically, what is it in the newer version that has the chip consuming less voltage?

Message 7 of 9 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Apr 1, 2011

Wakefulness wrote:

CaptainHuggyface wrote:

Specifically, what is it in the newer version that has the chip consuming less voltage?

I do not know but as it is only a switchable option I would guess that maybe it reduces its range but as the spec is for all uses of Bluetooth including PC desktops taht range could be anything.

Desktop normal BT range approx. 100ft

Portable normal BT range approx. 30ft

Message 8 of 9 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 2, 2011

@ Wakefulness

true dat

@ CaptainHuggyface

that's my point though is to show off whether or not in 15 mins using Blutooth will the NGP cut out or still be going.....I would think it a rip off as to embarrassing if my NGP cuts off after 1 hour of play with my headset.....I can say for a fact that my Headset I showed last 8 hours and goes out and my Go goes for another 1 after that.....

PSP Go last  6-7 hours if I am online playing and using blutooth...and then the headset out last the PSP Go

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 9 of 9 (34 Views)
0 Likes