Apr 06 2011
By: PhantomOfPanton Sackboy 586 posts

NGP- PSP collections

10 replies 25 views Edited Apr 6, 2011

The PS3 has recieved "collections"of PS2 games, with upgraded visuals, upgraded controls, trophy support, and just lots of new features!

-God of War collection

-Sly collection

-Team Ico collection

I think the NGP would be perfect for this, the biggest PSP games were 1.8 GB's, and so far NGP can have 4 GB cartridges, so there could be collections of PSP games on one cartridge. Collections I'd like to see:

-God of War collection, upgraded visuals, controls, and most importantly trophy support! (Ghost of Sparta, Chains of Olympus)

-Loco Roco collection, same thing, upgraded visuals, trophy support, but most importantly upgraded controls, motion controls would be insanely awesome with Loco Roco! Think about it

-How big is Killzone 1? I would love to see it put on a cartridge with Killzone liberation! But I am guessing Killzone 1 is too big. I would love to see Killzone 1 make it to the NGP though! I think Killzone 1 would be better for the PS3 anyway!

-So if Killzone 1 and Killzone Liberation can't be on one cartridge, how about make a "shooter collection" which has "Killzone: Liberation" and "Resistance: Retribution" on one cartridge? I would love that! I would like the cover art for a game like that to look nice though, and not all cluttered. Perhaps have a clear case, and put the boxart for both games on the inside? That way gamers could switch out the boxart to there liking!

-Patapon collection, all 3 Patapon games with all the upgrades would be awesome on a cartridge

-------------------------------------------------------------

I don't really think you could call this a collection, but "Little Big Planet PSP/portable" could make an awesome NGP game, one cartridge with ALL the DLC.

I guess a game with a collection of DLC

--------------------------------------------------------------

What PSP games would you like to see come to the NGP in collection form, or simply upgraded?

Message 1 of 11 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1685 posts

Re: NGP- PSP collections

Apr 6, 2011

I don't know... I mean, it might be a good idea. But I always thought the PS2 collections on PS3 were mostly just for the people who didn't play the previous games in a series (which is a good idea since there's no BC)... But the NGP will still be able to play PSP games off of the store, it seems a little weird to have a remade collection while having the old copy still for sale. Of course, it would be nice to have a hard copy of the game... So, I guess it would be cool, I'd probably buy a few. Really like the shooter idea too, and if you throw in FTB2 (with infrastructure) I would buy it in a heartbeat.

lensflare15 Trophy Card
Message 2 of 11 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Apr 6, 2011

Thats true, it would be odd with having the option to buy PSP originals on the store, but those versions won't have everything upgraded

I love physical copies of games, in fact, I kinda hate digital games a lot, at least when there big enough to have a physical version, like wipeout HD.

I won't be buying any digital PSP games though, I want collections

And if I can't have a collection, then I will just wait for the PSP 3000 to drop in price to around $50 and then buy the games I want.

I would hate to see no collections made simply because of the digital availibilty.

PS: Your awesome, nice to talk too!

I get sick of seeing the same 3 threads created over and over again, something about GT5, something about COD, and something about killzone 3 "sucking" Theres tons of great people here, but the trolls and stupid people seem to outnumber the good people.

Nice talking

Message 3 of 11 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1685 posts

Apr 6, 2011

Yeah, that's true. Trophies for PSP games would be nice too. Sony will have to see a good reason to though, only if there's enough potential buyers. Like, if a future Resistance game or Killzone game releases on NGP, people might be interested in playing the previous installments.

Oh, and thanks for the complement, great talking with you too

lensflare15 Trophy Card
Message 4 of 11 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 13, 2011

I believe Resistance has trailers already for it on the NGP at least I thought I saw them say and show some during the Tokyo Show NGP and PS Suite coverage...

I will side with you on that collection there phantom but I like digital cause it is truly more portable..... I had two PSP UMD cases full 16 games and the neat PSP Case that held your PSP with 2 more UMD's and 2 Pro Duo's while I was playing the game in the PSP. That's 19 games 3 pro duo's (the one in the PSP as well all 4gb not to awesome) but whne my bag got stole and my PSP Case and two PSP UMD cases went with it and I was lookin at replacing all that I decided to go Go.

Now all I loose is a $200 device and I buy it back and still have over $500 in content I had purchased. Not only that there is the true on the go factor. As of now 18 games 1 1\2 hours of video content alone with the 16 gb. Then there is the sheer size the PSP Go is small enough to be a mp3 player comfortably. It's wallet size.

I guess I have grown custom to not changing UMD's every 2 hours and being able to pause a game to do something else on my PSP and then returning to the game.

I am sad though there are so many more titles I want on UMD to go PSN. And I hate to have to buy them again and carry a PSP and my PSP go just to enjoy those titles. And there is about 20 of them so that goes back to the luggage.

My SMURSE (Sony Man Purse) is already full and I don't want it to have to get any bigger.

DSC02603.jpg

Granted with this I can hold 4 Sony UMD cases and 2 PSP Slims (in the cool protect and play cases) and 2 PSP Go's. Still I would rather have just 5 PSP Go's and my Sony HC and a power supply or two and the 500gb WD external that I can always cary no matter what cause of the top zipper compartment which I use to do all kinds of other Sony things like carry around ptf and p3t files game saves and more.

It is all the more hard to do when you have a serious collection of UMD's....but I am looking forward to all UMD's and PS1 and PS2 coming to PSN for PS3 and NGP use in the future. Wether they be in there full glory, HD remixed, or just added multiplayer, or both. I would still like to have a full digital collection of it all.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 5 of 11 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Apr 13, 2011

Ahh I got another collection idea:

-Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters

-Secret agent Clank

Both those on one cartridge, trophy support and updated graphics <3

Message 6 of 11 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 13, 2011

I did read that there will be trophies for NGP games....

And as far as releasing collections......they already do this...MGS PO, PO+ bundle. They should just do the same like GTA Collection LC,VC,& SA.........Give us a GTA LCS, VCS, Chinatown Wars. I have these al already but still start putting games in bundles on PSN.... Socom FTB 1-3......

They need to just release all PSP UMD's on PSN and slap the "series" ones in bundles to buy at a discounted price. I would like that MGS Acid and Acid 2. I never even got them if they hit PSN I would buy them in a heart beat. I think it is silly that the PSP has exclusives that the PSP Go nor NGP will have.

Please SNEA make this dream a reality.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 7 of 11 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Apr 13, 2011

StuByph wrote:

And as far as releasing collections......they already do this...MGS PO, PO+ bundle. They should just do the same like GTA Collection LC,VC,& SA.........Give us a GTA LCS, VCS, Chinatown Wars. I have these al already but still start putting games in bundles on PSN.... Socom FTB 1-3......

They need to just release all PSP UMD's on PSN and slap the "series" ones in bundles to buy at a discounted price. I would like that MGS Acid and Acid 2. I never even got them if they hit PSN I would buy them in a heart beat. I think it is silly that the PSP has exclusives that the PSP Go nor NGP will have.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

I would love to get into MGS

I heard great things about MGS4, but it is such a huge game, and the lack of trophies in MGS4 is REALLY making me stay away

Yeah, MGS PO an PO+ would be a great bundle!

So would GTA

And socom for sure!

Trophies and updated graphics make me so happy!!!

Message 8 of 11 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7385 posts

Apr 14, 2011

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

StuByph wrote:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

I would love to get into MGS

I heard great things about MGS4, but it is such a huge game, and the lack of trophies in MGS4 is REALLY making me stay away

Yeah, MGS PO an PO+ would be a great bundle!

So would GTA

And socom for sure!

Trophies and updated graphics make me so happy!!!

dont let the lack of trophies enjoy what i consider one of the best games of this generation , play it man if you like Metal Gear i dont think you will be disappointed

Message 9 of 11 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Apr 14, 2011

I tried getting into MGS on the PSP, with portable ops plus, I didn't really enjoy the controls, but that was because of the PSP's lack of 2 analog sticks.

My main problem with MGS portable ops plus was that there was like...an energy bar? I could only move so much until my character passed out...atleast I think thats how it worked, I HATED it and it killed the game for me.

Message 10 of 11 (25 Views)
0 Likes