Jan 13 2013
By: R_PERRINE88 First Son 5 posts

NEW PS3 slim wont install PS Store

5 replies 107 views Edited Jan 13, 2013

Alright guys like the title says I keep getting an error code. I cant remeber the number but it seems to be a common problem. So anyways I got internet at my house yesterday and tried downloading the PS store it says it downloads fine and then during install it gets to 14% and stops and says its corrupted. I have spent 5 hours or so on the phone with PS technical support (what a joke). I have quick formatted rebuilt database everything I could do and nothing works as I type this I am full formatting the ps3. Hopefully that works or im throwing it in the trash. Can someone please help. Thanks Ryan

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (107 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14217 posts

Re: NEW PS3 slim wont install PS Store

Jan 13, 2013

if you're using wireless, try using ethernet...

Sometimes downloading via wifi for data installs and such get errors.

I also suggest that you reset your modem/router/gateway and see if that helps.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (95 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15926 posts

Message 3 of 6 (92 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 13, 2013
I have seached my router and everything is brand new I have tried running it wired. From what tech support has said they want me to send it in.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (72 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 13, 2013

OK i was able to get it to download and install while teathering from my phone witch is AT&T but i retried on my home internet with no luck what gives

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (57 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 14, 2013
I recommend you contact your internet provider, there might be some settings you need to make for the PS3 more compatible with your ISP...
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (42 Views)
0 Likes