Nov 15 2012
By: EWOKGHOST First Son 4 posts

NEW PLAYSTATION STORE SOUNDS ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY!

[ Edited ]
2 replies 335 views Edited Nov 15, 2012

The new store is not as bad as everyone says.  I would agree that it is not as good as the last one BUT....the sounds are THE WORST! 

Staring off with the sound when it first loads.  Annoying.

The real kicker though is that OBNOXIOUS sound when you click ANYTHING.  "DOWWWWWWWK!" I am not sure how to describe it.  Even attempting to describe it is driving me bonkers.  Who would add these sounds and think to themselves "This is a sound I really love and want to hear 10 times in 1 minute"??????  Let alone even once in a lifetime is enough for me.

Some will say "mute your TV".  Sure, but am I responsible to constantly have to find my television remote to mute the television on and off between clicking items and watching trailers, etc. ?  Seriously?  If the only solution is to mute my own television off and on constantly I call that a major design flaw.  There should be an option to get rid of that annoying as hell "DOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWK" sound every time you click something.

Just to top if all off every time I exit the store....I click the circle button on my controller and then it asks "Do you want to exit the store"  So I click "Yes" and just to make absolute sure that it gets the last word in....ONE MORE "DOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWK" sound to send me on my way.

I like the clicking through menus sound. The slight little "tic,  tic,  tic" sound.  Sure that one is fine.  I even keep it on my theme.  This new "DOOOOOOOOOOOWK" sound needs to go though.  What I would love to do is get the design team that approved this and the sound designer who created this tone all into a room where I would lock them up and play this sound on repeat for three weeks straight.  I just want to see if they are scarred for life after which I am sure they will be, considering I am already scarred for life thanks to them after the last month of listening to this EVIL SOUND.

Also, give us the search ability to search for something that we type in again.  Using this new suggestions on each letter thing is really not that great.  Lastly, is it just me or does there actually seem to be LESS on the store than before?  Perhaps the categories are all just a mess though and it is making it hard to find things so it seems like less.  Another design flaw.

One last gripe, why must companies constantly edit and change things when they work fine?  I can't tell you how many sites I have seen destroy themselves over time due to fixing things that are not broken.  I get it, your design team has a job and you have to give them work!  Well more companies need to hire design teams on contracts.  If nothing is needed fixing you get rid of your contractors and don't feel the need to constantly have them tinkering with stuff.   I remember this job that I had when I was younger at a hotel.  If there was nothing to do the manager would send me out to sweep leaves....in the wind!!!!!!!  You sweep some leaves and 30 new leaves appear in one minute and the boss comes out and asks what you have been doing.  "Well, I have been doing the absolutely stupid task that you constantly send me to do when you could just let me have a break or send me home". 

IF IT IS NOT BROKEN....DO NOT FIX IT.

Message 1 of 3 (335 Views)
MVP Support
40554 posts

Re: NEW PLAYSTATION STORE SOUNDS ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY!

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

Welcome to the PlayStation Community!

Ooohh look everyone, another Thread complaining about the new PlayStation Store, how unusual!

Seriously I know you started of by saying it's not as bad as all that etc, & personally I agree with you, it's not, it just takes some getting used to that's all, as I said in another post it's called change & sometimes change takes some getting used to, the new navigation, the side scrolling, all different.

I'm sure Sony are aware of the unhappiness of some quarters of the Community & I'm sure it has not gone unnoticed by the Moderation Team here either, let them keep "tweaking it" if they have to, but lets give it a chance everyone huh, it's only been a short time.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 3 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4131 posts

Re: NEW PLAYSTATION STORE SOUNDS ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY!

Nov 15, 2012
Well, at least the welcoming committee around here leaves nothing to be desired.
Message 3 of 3 (305 Views)
0 Likes