Highlighted
Mar 28 2011
By: lu5140 First Son 2 posts

NAT type how frusterating

7 replies 86 views Edited Mar 28, 2011

Okay so i have been having problems with my online gaming for about a year, i'm not a huge online gamer so i let it slide, but now i'd like to take part in it and i have had nothing but problems... first off my router company are assholes, according to them i need to pay them to get technical support... i told them basically to piss up a rope and thats downgrading a bit on what i actually said to them, any ways sony told me what ports to open and i know how to access my router but still when i do a internet connection test it says UpnP: not available and NAT Type: Failed. so what the heck? By the way my internet and everything works on my ps3 but won't let me play games online thats all. My router is a Cisco Linksys WRT160Nv2. any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 8 (86 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1153 posts

Re: NAT type how frusterating

Mar 28, 2011

Do you have dsl or cable? If you have dsl then you have to go into your cable modem's page and put your modem into bridged mode and most likely change your router's settings from dhcp to PPPoE. Hopefully you have your PPPoE setttings, but that's ony if your using dsl.

Message 2 of 8 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Mar 28, 2011

lu5140 wrote:

Okay so i have been having problems with my online gaming for about a year, i'm not a huge online gamer so i let it slide, but now i'd like to take part in it and i have had nothing but problems... first off my router company are assholes, according to them i need to pay them to get technical support... i told them basically to **** up a rope and thats downgrading a bit on what i actually said to them, any ways sony told me what ports to open and i know how to access my router but still when i do a internet connection test it says UpnP: not available and NAT Type: Failed. so what the heck? By the way my internet and everything works on my ps3 but won't let me play games online thats all. My router is a Cisco Linksys WRT160Nv2. any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

search for linksys manuals on line - you need to manually change the channel of your linksys to get the ps3 to be able to do online games - mine came set at 1 - changed to 11 and no problems since. ill post what mine takes to change these but may be diffrent on your model

3. Launch an Internet browser and type 192.168.1.1 on the address bar and hit enter. A small log-in window will appear. Type admin as the password and leave the username blank.

ok once you have done that - should take you to a linksys screen if yours is the same as mine. look for the channel it broadcasts in and set to 11 ( if i remember right i was told 6 or 11) and 11 is what has worked for me - good luck and let me know if this works - if not ill search more for you

Message 3 of 8 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Mar 28, 2011
Message 4 of 8 (86 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 28, 2011

it is set on channel 11

Message 5 of 8 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Mar 28, 2011

try 1 or 6

the issue may also be your connection - may be to weak for online gameing - what kind of internet do you have

Message 6 of 8 (86 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 28, 2011

Oh man, I know how you feel. NAT Type is one of the most annoying things on PS3, mine was type 2 before and people can actually join my lobby on Call of Duty but for some reason it jumped to NAT type 3 now, I'm not sure why though.

Message 7 of 8 (86 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1153 posts

Mar 29, 2011

First reflash your firmware onto your router. Here's the file (http://homedownloads.cisco.com/downloads/firmware/1224638317915/WRT160Nv2_v2.0.03.009_US_code.bin).

Here are the instructions: http://homedownloads.cisco.com/downloads/others/upgrade_instructions_routers,0.pdf

Second of all read my first post and we just might get somewhere.

Message 8 of 8 (86 Views)
0 Likes