First Son
8 posts

Re: NAT Type 2 Tutorial

Sep 7, 2011

i tried like 3 different times with it and have had no luck at all and i think i made it worse somehow. i have a linksys e1000 please help?

Message 161 of 238 (95 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 8, 2011

I was told that my NAT was not opened by Space Marine, and I spent the past damn hour to set my NAT

But unfortunately, I found out I was NAT 2 from the beginning and I am still not opened!!

I can't join any public match in that damn game and I don't know why I am buying it now!

What the heck is this NAT thing? Why can't I play online when I am already NAT 2?

Message 162 of 238 (95 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Sep 8, 2011

Check the Internet Connecton Test in the PS3 Network Settings. Ideally, you want NAT Type 2 and UPnP enabled. Make sure UPnP is working for you. If not, make sure you have the newest firmware update for your router and make sure the setting is turned on.

Message 163 of 238 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
28 posts

Sep 24, 2011

Ok so I just did all this and using Belkin I had to just work with one or to things but now that its all said and done IT SAYS INTERNET CONNECTION FAILED! I have even tried to put all the old intell in there just to see if I can get INTERNET and guess what I cant! It keeps saying that its a DNS error (80710102) so what to do now?

Name; DemonDogma
Clan: DREADED Beast
Team: Valor (Vet 2) S.V.E.R. (Vet8) Raven (Vet1)
Job: Bad Ass
Message 164 of 238 (95 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Sep 24, 2011

Are you using wired or wireless? If you're using wireless, does it work if you test with a wired connection?

Message 165 of 238 (95 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 21, 2011

I've been reading about all this port forwarding stuff for the last day and i'm just lost. I was following the tutorial here. I set the manual settings on my ps3, but when I went to set the port forwarding changes just as he has here, i've ran into a problem. It gives me the error message "port number is duplicate", when I try to set X3 (3074). After i set the maunual dns gateway, subnet mask, etc., on the ps3 it actually tested with nat type 2, but when i play my game it doesn't read the nat type at first, then switching back to strict. I noticed I have a different type of router than the one you use here. PLEASE HELP!

Linksys WRT120N wireless router

Comcast Internet with ARRIS modem

Message 166 of 238 (95 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1153 posts

Oct 21, 2011

What game are you trying to fix the nat type for? Also, change the PS3 settings back to automatic and use DHCP reservation instead, it is much easier to manage.

I also have comcast, but don't need to forward any ports, so hopefully your router isn't going bad like my old Linksys did. You can also use dmz mode instead of port forwarding if you would like. All you have to do is enter in the PS3's mac address into the dmz mode area.

Message 167 of 238 (95 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Nov 26, 2011

I'm also having some problems here with NAT type ever since I've got this router, before it worked fine.

So I tried the portforwarding suggested in the guide twice, but nothing seemed to have changed. Then I tried putting the PS3 in DMZ but nothing happened there either.

Any possibly relevant information

------------------------------------------------

-Cisco E1000 router

-Linksys network with AT&T

-Have both router and modem

-Using wireless

-There's another game I have on my PC which doesn't work for the same reason, so I know this is the problem

I can still play a few PS3 games on multiplayer such as Uncharted, but I can't play with other people on LittleBigPlanet. Thanks for the help.

Message 168 of 238 (95 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Nov 26, 2011

Welcome to the PlayStation community!

What were you using before you got your router?

Have a look at my FAQ too. It may answer some of the questions you may have about NAT Types.

Message 169 of 238 (95 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Nov 26, 2011

I'm not sure the specific models but I had a Siemens modem and a Netgear router before. Now I have a Motorola modem with the Cisco router.

I've looked through your FAQ, it's helpful but I've tried the steps you've suggested already, except for bridging my modem which I'll try if it's the next step. You also talked about how I shouldn't do manual port forwarding or DMZing first, should I undo that?

Message 170 of 238 (95 Views)
0 Likes