Wastelander
820 posts

Re: NAT Type 2 Tutorial

Jun 17, 2008

Punisher69 wrote:

MarineSaunders wrote:
Ahh ok theinternal is 192.168.254.2....I just tried that one for the deafult router when hooking up a connection, didn't work at all.

External right? this is from the status page on your "router" and not modem/router combo right?  If it is from the status page then you have a Double NAT problem

what does mean? I don't what you are trying to do there...

Yup that is the number from the status page of the router...

Lol forget that part. 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 237 (1,828 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2983 posts

Jun 18, 2008
YAY! i got a KUDO!!!! OWNED!
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 237 (1,828 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2764 posts

Jun 18, 2008

Very very nice, clean thread.

We've been needing one of these for quite some time now. 

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 237 (1,828 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2983 posts

Jun 18, 2008

rosey14 wrote:

yea thx so amny people comnig to ps3 and since 80gig came back alot of newbies so we needed one to help em get started!

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 237 (1,828 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2764 posts

Jun 18, 2008

CheckMatey wrote:

rosey14 wrote:

yea thx so amny people comnig to ps3 and since 80gig came back alot of newbies so we needed one to help em get started!

Yes, very true.

We really need it, with all the people asking questions, haha. 

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 237 (1,828 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2764 posts

Jun 18, 2008

One thing you might want to add.

You make it a little unclear on how to assign a static IP, and how to find your internet configuration.

You may want to add this in:

Assigning a static IP address to your PS3

In order to assign your PS3 a static IP address, you will need a few internet configuartion settings. To find these, you will need a PC.

1) Make sure the PC is on and connected to the same internet your PS3 will be utilizing.

2) Click the "Start" button on the bottom left of your screen

3) Click "Run"
4) Type: cmd

5) Click "OK". This will bring up command prompt, the window shown below

6) Type : ipconfig /all
7) A long list of words a numbers will then appear.

Write down the following information and keep it handy. You'll need it later!:

Default Gateway
            DNS Servers (only the first 2)
            Subnet Mask
            DCHP Server

Thats all you need from the PC for now. Double check your numbers and make sure they are correct.
Message Edited by rosey14 on 06-17-2008 10:50 PM

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 237 (1,828 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Jun 18, 2008

Hi there,

I just got my PS3 and i am having the same issues with the Type 3 NAT. I have an AirPort Extreme router. I was wondering if you know of the settings that I need to change (or how to change them)? I went through the tutorial and tried to apply the same settings as you did, but still no luck.

Any help or know where I can find the answer?

Thank you. 

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 237 (1,828 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2983 posts

Jun 18, 2008
Ill keep this thread live for as lnog as i cna i need your help guys im really busy ty
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 237 (1,828 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2052 posts

Jun 18, 2008

MarineSaunders wrote:

Punisher69 wrote:

MarineSaunders wrote:
So I have tired this numerous times and it still doesn't work...any suggestions? I am thinking the modern/router combo is the affect i'm getting and have no clue on how to fix it.

check to see if you have a double NAT issue.  What is the external IP you router is getting?

How do you check if you have double nat? And im pretty sure it is 192.168.1.1 could be wrong, its a linksys wrt54... also in theis guide it says you need 2 DNS servers and when I look up my info I only have 1.

i have been workin with this gentleman via pm's on the forums  and from what i understand is  he has a speedstream 5200 modem which has usb and rj45 connectors  now he was talking to me on a computer that was connected to the usb and he told me he had the rj45 connected to the linksys router ,then to a second computer and the ps3  now i think that is where the problem lies i couldnt find info on it being a modem/router but i believe the 2 connectors on it share the same ip address, now what i would do is diable or remove the dialup connection on the computer directly connected to the modem  ,go on the router, go to the set up page for connection type ,click the pull down window and select pppoe  ,it will now have option to put  username and password  (usernaname and password  given to him by his isp)  set the option keep alive  and at the bottom  click save settings  (otherwise the router wont accept the changes)  now power cycle modem and router and any computers/ps3 connected on the router side  and (without the computer connected directly to modem) and see if you get connected with 2nd computer and ps3  if ps3 still nat 3 ,dont worry there are still settings on the router you can change , now if you can connect to the internet successfully move the first computer to the linksys and power it up  and like i said earlier if this is the computer with the dialup info it has to beeither removed or disabled because the login is now done by the router!         i put this here   so  you can pick it up since i missed your pm this afternoon  and so these other guys helpin could see the setup

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 237 (1,828 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2983 posts

Jun 18, 2008
yea we got 2 kudos
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 237 (1,828 Views)
0 Likes