Jul 27 2013
By: M_Nakasen First Son 1 posts

NAT - Need Help!

2 replies 87 views Edited Jul 27, 2013

I recently bought the new white ps3 bundel that comes with the 12 games and 1 year Playstation Plus account. I also downloaded Saints Row: The Third right when I got on. When I go to play multiplayer, it says my NAT is not set to open. I'm on a wireless connection and can't seem to figure out how to open it. I saw something about PPPoe and I don't know how to find my user name and password. Please help!

Message 1 of 3 (87 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: NAT - Need Help!

Jul 28, 2013

There seems to be an issue with that game. My NAT type is type 2 and set to open but I also get that message when I try to play multiplayer. I can play the game fine though and have no trouble playing co-op with friends.

Do you get a NAT type 2 when you run the Internet Connection Test? It should be okay.

To find out your PPPoE username and password you have to contact your ISP. Since you're using a router, I believe you don't need to connect using PPPoe. I believe that is only used when you are connected using a bridge modem (a modem without a router function).

Message 2 of 3 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation MVP
3153 posts

Re: NAT - Need Help!

Jul 28, 2013
YouTube PSN port forwarding to open your ports. Just because your system says NAT 2 does not mean you are fully connected to the PSN and other users. Open ports is the best setup for any game system for online.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 3 of 3 (51 Views)
0 Likes