Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 16 2012
By: PS_name_Change First Son 1 posts

NAME CHANGE

13 replies 170 views Edited Oct 16, 2012

sony needs to have the option to pay money for name change.

xboxlive has option to change your id why can't sony? 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (170 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24704 posts

Re: NAME CHANGE

Oct 16, 2012

Because it's not an XBox, and something tells me that if you had to pay then you'd be screaming about how it should be for free.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (166 Views)
Splicer
58 posts

Oct 16, 2012

yes i want new name too but i don't want to loose dlc

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9675 posts

Oct 16, 2012

the reason why microsoft charges for name changes is to actually dissuede people from doing it way to many times...  having  to pay for it forces them to think about their choices a bit more carfully, however i do see the need that people should be able to..  like to avoid future harrasment from other users

>

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (154 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Oct 16, 2012

Essentially what cap said. you can't just demand something because somebody else has it. "I want this or that because they have it." doesn't work.

If it bothers you that much go to xboxlive and complain about psn not 

having a name changing option there, i'm sure they'll find it amusing. There isn't any way to change online id despite these contantly recycled threads complaining to the management about it.

although, I understand omega_chains concern about losing DLC but you can keep dlc and themes you DL as long as the account is

still on your Ps3. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (152 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15440 posts

Oct 17, 2012

......obvious troll is obvious.....

GruellaGear wrote:
concern about losing DLC but you can keep dlc and themes you DL as long as the account is still on your Ps3. 

When you change your ID on xbox, you keep all the DLC..... you use the same email and password (although you are present the option to change it)..... The name is just changed, but all download and purchase history stays intact.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Nov 29, 2012

i agree we need names changes

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (99 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5906 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Bet a dead horse.jpg

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (94 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2797 posts

Nov 29, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Because it's not an XBox, and something tells me that if you had to pay then you'd be screaming about how it should be for free.

Wow! According to Mr. PlayStation MVP, the reason why we shouldn't implement this highly requested feature that could easily be implemented with very little effort required is because "this is not an Xbox." Really? Great logic my friend. I guess we also shouldn't have PlayStation Move because this isn't a Nintendo Wii, we shouldn't have PlayStation Plus because this isn't Xbox Live Gold, we shouldn't have trophies because this isn't Xbox achievements (Xbox had achievements first), and we shouldn't have avatars because this isn't Xbox Live (Xbox had avatars first). Why can't you put fanboyism aside for a sec and realize that maybe there are features that other consoles have that the PlayStation consoles should have too? Sony has a long history of not listening to what their consumers want (PSN ID name change, backwards compatibility, deleting trophies, dual analog sticks on the PSP, cross-game chat, etc.).

PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
1,700+ followers | 100+ subscribers
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (84 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Nov 29, 2012
I just don't like how air can't use my bought avatars and money on my other PSN accounts.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (80 Views)
0 Likes