I Only Post Everything
972 posts

Re: My wish for dualshock support...

Sep 25, 2012

i think this would work grate for lbp v to let my wife or kids play with me me using the vita them using a ds3  my kids and wife watch over my sholder anywase why not let them play to LOL and the 5 in screen is not to small for games like lbp that have 2 ppl play on one screen like sonic 2 as a kid i use to play sega threw the game gears tv adapter thing heck we even played ps one that way too we didnt alwase have two tvs in the house

i am dyslexic don't bather flaming for spelling and punctuation errors it will do no good and make you look like a fool for poking fun at the handicapped

Get your Portable ID!
Message 11 of 18 (135 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 27, 2012
I agree and what about allstars, or little big planet besides the ps one games.
Message 12 of 18 (111 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Oct 27, 2012

I don't get the 5 inch screen being too small comment.

Here is my example, just an example. Kind of like the ton of bricks, ton of feathers thing.

If you have a 24 inch screen that has 1 million pixels and 5 inch screen that also has 1million pixels, it doesnt matter how small it is, you are still viewing the exact same thing on the screen.

The Vita has yet to leave me asking for a bigger screen. The only thing I look forward to is higher resolutions on the future playstation portable whatever it may be, but that is thinking far ahead.

Message 13 of 18 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1387 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Video out adapter for Vita.
/thread.

Then Sony can advertise the Vita as being a portable home console for taking to parties or something.

Message 14 of 18 (101 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13615 posts

Oct 27, 2012

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

I don't get the 5 inch screen being too small comment.

Here is my example, just an example. Kind of like the ton of bricks, ton of feathers thing.

If you have a 24 inch screen that has 1 million pixels and 5 inch screen that also has 1million pixels, it doesnt matter how small it is, you are still viewing the exact same thing on the screen.

The Vita has yet to leave me asking for a bigger screen. The only thing I look forward to is higher resolutions on the future playstation portable whatever it may be, but that is thinking far ahead.

Well I wouldn't say it's exactly the same. A 24 inch screen with 1,000,000 pixels will look less fine than a smaller screen of same resolution.

Anyways, I don't see the point in adding controller support for a device that utilizes a lot of touch based controls (some of which are unavoidable). 

Same with video out. 960x544 (or whatever) resolution on a 42 inch tv wouldn't look nice

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 18 (95 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 1, 2013

I apologize in advance for resurrecting this thread if nobody agrees, but I think that the recent early review articles on Killzone: Mercenary prove my point. Though I love how the design of the vita brings dual analog stick capabilities to a pocketable package, there is a bit of lost range of motion and precision with the smaller sticks.

Each of these articles comes to the same conclusion: that this game could be great on the Vita, but there is some control accuracy lacking and when playing a game as intense as this, fingers can get quite tired and sore with the cramped ergonomics of the portable. When I used the dualshock with my PSP Go, many of the games were much more enjoyable to play, particularly for extended periods. You would find that the added accuracy of the dualshock's control sticks would make Killzone much easier and more enjoyable to play. I did it with the Go, and I'm telling you it's more fun than it is trouble. Any other PSP Go owners out there that have tried it?

I would love to have the option, is all I'm saying.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/the-vita-has-a-new-contender-with-killzone-mercenary/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/31/is-killzone-mercenary-the-portable-shooter-we-deserve

Message 16 of 18 (68 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Sep 15, 2013

I would like to take this opportunity to bring this up once again now that the vita is getting much more press (and more games) these days.  I still think that this should happen. The vita should have the option of dualshock3 support. It has bluetooth and it would not be difficult to implement. Anyone who disagrees just needs to research the psp go, which had the capability.

When I owned a psp go, I played many games using a dualshock and it made a big difference in comfort and enhanced input capability. Many games are much easier to control with the dualshock, which is less cramped than the psp or the vita's controls and it can help save wear and tear on the vita's sticks and buttons whenever a dualshock is used.

Now that Killzone is out and more people have played it, do you people not think that it would be better to control with a dualshock? Many other games would benefit from the boost in precision as well.

For anyone who would argue that Sony would never consider doing it, what about the Vita TV? It will use a dualshock 3 to play vita games. I bet when some people try that out, they will agree that the dualshock benefits gameplay.

Not saying that everyone needs to start carrying around dualshock controllers in their pockets to always use with their vitas, just that it should be an option to use if desired. There are periods of time when I am away from my home console for a while and have to play on my vita for extended sessions during which a dualshock would definitely help make it more enjoyable.

Message 17 of 18 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1388 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2013

Arliman wrote:

So you basically want to bring not only your Vita, a portable gaming system, with you wherever you go, but you also want to lug around one or two dualshock controllers? I hope you have big pockets.

You want to play local multiplayer on the Vita.

First of all, what game is going to support this? Right now, none of them do, and that includes PS1 classics. On those, you can only switch to a second controller port in the options.

Secondly, setting your PSVita on a table and playing with two people. Huh... if you are doing it at home, you are only a small step away from just playing your PS3.

Thirdly, regarding the controller support in general, I shouldn't have to remind you that this is a touch screen system. What are you going to do with the many touch activated sequences, assuming that you'd be playing those games. Reach up and knock over the Vita trying to do it, or pick it up and completely defeat the purpose of using the dualshocks? A lot of games will rely heavily on touch controls.

There are certain things that Sony might implement in updates later on down the road, and there are certain things that just don't make enough sense and that you can pretty much just forget about it. This is one of the latter.

That said, it's not impossible. If they did, it would be implemented only for PS1 classics, and it wouldn't work anywhere else. I still highly doubt it. As you said, the Vita's controller setup is much better than the PSP, so I don't think they are going to start doubting it and let you use dualshocks.

Personally, I consider myself a hardcore gamer and yes, I play for extended sessions. The only thing that becomes a minor annoyance are marks left in my hand from the sides of the Vita. If I really wanted to solve this, there are and will be more third party add-ons that make it easier to hold the Vita. At the moment though, I really don't care that much about it. When I first got my Vita, I was a bit concerned about the small size of the buttons and sticks, though after playing for a while, they are starting to feel more natural to me, so I really like them as they are.

Addressing your points:

Local Multiplayer: Actually, Divekick supports two players on Vita. I believe LittleBigPlanet Vita also lets you make local multiplayer levels. It's not that much of a stretch to think that DualShock support could allow for more local multiplayer games.

Playing Local Multiplayer: OP might not have a PS3 at home. At the same time, there's always the chance that one would bring their Vita over to a friend's house. Not everyone with a Vita has a PS3 at arm's length.

Touch Controls: As for the topic of it being a touch controlled system, let's not forget that Sony is releasing Vita TV in Japan, which is controlled exclusively by the DualShock 3. There doesn't seem to be much concern from Sony that Vita TV can only play select games, so I don't see why it should matter for the Vita. VTV also supports local multiplayer for PSOne Classics, so unless it's impossible on a technical level, I don't see why Sony couldn't just add 2 player support for Vita.

EDIT: Didn't realize this thread was a year old.

Message 18 of 18 (58 Views)
0 Likes