Treasure Hunter
5539 posts

Re: My verdict is in on the DS4 - Recall needed

Nov 15, 2013

HWGuy14 wrote:

HWGuy14 wrote:

asd

You remind me of that idiot on reddit who made the same claim, and turns out he was lieing because he scratched it with a key or his long dirty finger nails (can see scratch marks) and tried to play it off to make the ps4 look bad hahaha

Thanks for me reminding you of an idiot who lied.

Yes that was my master plan. To buy multiple PS1/Ones, PS2/Slims, register on Playstation forums, buy multiple PSP/Slims/Go, PS3/Slims, PS Vita, and now PS4 just to file the Dualshock 4 controller after waiting years and spending money just to make a false claim on the forum.

Brillaint. So brilliant, you text is so much bigger than mine to show how much more brilliant you are than me.

Message 51 of 62 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6951 posts

Nov 15, 2013

Hopefully they come out with a cleaner Dualshock 4 controller in the future... If they are all like that.

Message 52 of 62 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

Nov 15, 2013

HWGuy14 wrote:

asd

You remind me of that idiot on reddit who made the same claim, and turns out he was lieing because he scratched it with a key or his long dirty finger nails (can see scratch marks) and tried to play it off to make the ps4 look bad hahaha

The guy in your pictures clearly abused the controller. You can see the scratches on the base of the stick as well - and they are too far out to be from the tips hitting it. There is also weird discolortion in parts that look worn down on the handle and around the touch pad.

Message 53 of 62 (211 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5539 posts

Nov 15, 2013

Here are pics a fellow gamer posted in response to my question on the original forum

He says his sticks aren't sticky out of the box like mine but notices the material is different.

You can see they are the same grey color as mine with the same cell-like structure in the material.

My sticks have gotten less stickier over the two weeks, however like I said, the material is clearly inferior to any other sticks I've used and they shouldn't have switched to the new material with PS4

Message 54 of 62 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2013

GTAMOBSTERX4 wrote:

Here are pics a fellow gamer posted in response to my question on the original forum

He says his sticks aren't sticky out of the box like mine but notices the material is different.

You can see they are the same grey color as mine with the same cell-like structure in the material.

My sticks have gotten less stickier over the two weeks, however like I said, the material is clearly inferior to any other sticks I've used and they shouldn't have switched to the new material with PS4

The new material feels better. Much more so than the harder, slippery rubber/plastic on the DS3. Tonight is the first I have heard of this issue... so I believe it's a fringe case. So --- maybe it's time to just return it to the store, get a new one and move on. Not that sharing your story is a bad thing, but you're not convincing anyone here that there is a "major, recall-level issue". Smiley Tongue

Message 55 of 62 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5539 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2013

Matsudaira wrote:

GTAMOBSTERX4 wrote:

The new material feels better. Much more so than the harder, slippery rubber/plastic on the DS3. Tonight is the first I have heard of this issue... so I believe it's a fringe case. So --- maybe it's time to just return it to the store, get a new one and move on. Not that sharing your story is a bad thing, but you're not convincing anyone here that there is a "major, recall-level issue". Smiley Tongue

It's not as slippery as the DS3, but at least the DS3 doesn't flake. And my MadCatz 360 or the 360 material (and my Wii ones don't flake, they are just sticky naturally though) is just perfect with good grip and no flaking issues.

I don't need to "convince", they will see for themselves. It's not a life or death thing, but it's a pretty big downfall for the controller.

Here is his quote in full:

"Just tested the feel of an eraser vs. the feel of the sticks. The sticks present more resistance and feel a bit more "rough" than the eraser, but other than that they feel very similar."

He feels it too and so will the majority of people who have fun with the console yet are objective about flaws.

Hard to return mine to store when it seems mine is not a lemon

ETA: Vita analog sticks I noticed are just a little big more tacky than the PS3 controllers, however they don't flake like the PS4 controller.

And for the record, I've never worn down any of my controller's analog sticks including my 7 year old PS3 controllers or my PS1 or PS2 analog sticks - so it's not like I don't take care of my purchases.

Message 56 of 62 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

Nov 15, 2013

GTAMOBSTERX4 wrote:

So are you saying nothing is actually wrong and this is just a trolling?

If you feel it's defective, take it back. Simple as that.

Message 57 of 62 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5539 posts

Nov 15, 2013

Matsudaira wrote:

GTAMOBSTERX4 wrote:

So are you saying nothing is actually wrong and this is just a trolling?

If you feel it's defective, take it back. Simple as that.

No, what I'm saying is from what I've seen, they are all this way so I don't think it's defective at the moment. As for returning it to the store for a cash refund, I don't have my receipt or box but I wouldn't return it anyhow as I'm a PS user. But just because I'm a PS user and keep the controller doesn't mean I can't criticize its faults.

I hope Sony addresses the issue but realistically what I think will happen is people will see the inferior sticks and menetally take note and thats it. Over the course of the PS4 life, I imagine Sony will change production of the controllers with a different analog stick material - like how the Sixaxis was phased out for the DS3 or how the shiny material was phased out for the matte one.

It would be nice though if Sony would address this asap and offer exchange to users ask.

Message 58 of 62 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Big Daddy
16824 posts

Nov 15, 2013

GTAMOBSTERX4 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Relax.... things are going to get worn.

There's a local Best Buy that has seen nothing but CONSTANT use from people lining up the last few days to play with the PS4. I was there a few times this week and there was always at least 5 people in a line.

At no point did it ever look like the DS4 had any sort of poor quality to it. Not even when I played with it the 2 times I was in line to play it.

Try cutting your fingernails a little closer and don't be so aggressive.

Either way... you have only 2 options, and none of them are going to be immediate solutions 

1) wait until a mod community releases different analog stick replacements
2) buy another DS4.

This is NOT something to get alarmed about and start with a recall... A recall is only done on consumer goods when it has a high potential to cause injury to someone as a result of a defect..... Remember the Firestone debacle in the late 90's? 

I don't have nasty finger nails either, I keep them cut...

Thanks for telling me how to cut my finger nails and not to be so aggressive

Just taking precautions.... there was a guy on reddit who did this to his DS4 and it was clear he was hacking at it with his thumbnail or sandpaper and got caught in lie because he was a Microsoft shill.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 59 of 62 (152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

R2 Hinge broken

Apr 25, 2014
I can put up with worn out rubber but when 2 pads break in 3 weeks (both R2 Hinges have snapped) it becomes a problem.

Redesign needed and were not heavy users or hard on the pads as we've had an Xbox 360 pad for 3 years with no problems.

Shocking build quality on the DS4.

Darren.
Message 60 of 62 (35 Views)
0 Likes