Treasure Hunter
5539 posts

Re: My verdict is in on the DS4 - Recall needed

Nov 15, 2013

PlSTOL_STAR wrote:

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

If this controller is worn from use I would think the edge would be rounded.

Not straight up and down almost at a 90 degree angle.

Almost looks like a file or something was used.

Uh are you suggesting that this guy whos been here since 2005, and went and got a launch PS4 filed down his own DS4? For what reason exactly?

I know, right? I've been a Playstation user and member on this forum probably before some of the people posting in here were born. Criticize the brand for something that definitelly needs criticized and I have to fight threw a page of people ridiculing me after not even reading or looking at the links in my post.

Message 31 of 62 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5539 posts

Nov 15, 2013

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

So you got your PS4 2 weeks ago?

Negative. Just the controller. Been playing on PC which I have a thread posted showing instructions on how to do that as it is not even close to plug and play like Sony hinted at.

Sticks were like this from the getgo (minus the skin cells)

Message 32 of 62 (409 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Nov 15, 2013

Uh are you suggesting that this guy whos been here since 2005, and went and got a launch PS4 filed down his own DS4? For what reason exactly?

It was a lighting issue the op already explained.

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 33 of 62 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Nov 15, 2013

Relax.... things are going to get worn.

There's a local Best Buy that has seen nothing but CONSTANT use from people lining up the last few days to play with the PS4. I was there a few times this week and there was always at least 5 people in a line.

At no point did it ever look like the DS4 had any sort of poor quality to it. Not even when I played with it the 2 times I was in line to play it.

Try cutting your fingernails a little closer and don't be so aggressive.

Either way... you have only 2 options, and none of them are going to be immediate solutions 

1) wait until a mod community releases different analog stick replacements
2) buy another DS4.

This is NOT something to get alarmed about and start with a recall... A recall is only done on consumer goods when it has a high potential to cause injury to someone as a result of a defect..... Remember the Firestone debacle in the late 90's? 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 34 of 62 (402 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Nov 15, 2013

Well I'll tell you what I will be paying close attention to this.

I have my DS4 right now and my material looks shiny and harder plastic not like rubber as yours does.

That's strange.

Well either way Thanks for the heads up.

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 35 of 62 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2013

GTAMOBSTERX4 wrote:

Sigh, instead of the "cool story", how about actually contributing usefull input. Did you guys even click the links or the pictures? I doubt it.

You don't have to be a fanboy, you can actually be objective and recognize flaws.

Maybe someone well make Tumbstick Covers (Cloth-like Material;plz..) for Console Controllers, then!

Message 36 of 62 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5539 posts

Nov 15, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Relax.... things are going to get worn.

There's a local Best Buy that has seen nothing but CONSTANT use from people lining up the last few days to play with the PS4. I was there a few times this week and there was always at least 5 people in a line.

At no point did it ever look like the DS4 had any sort of poor quality to it. Not even when I played with it the 2 times I was in line to play it.

Try cutting your fingernails a little closer and don't be so aggressive.

Either way... you have only 2 options, and none of them are going to be immediate solutions 

1) wait until a mod community releases different analog stick replacements
2) buy another DS4.

This is NOT something to get alarmed about and start with a recall... A recall is only done on consumer goods when it has a high potential to cause injury to someone as a result of a defect..... Remember the Firestone debacle in the late 90's? 

I don't have nasty finger nails either, I keep them cut...

Thanks for telling me how to cut my finger nails and not to be so aggressive

Message 37 of 62 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5539 posts

Nov 15, 2013

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

Well I'll tell you what I will be paying close attention to this.

I have my DS4 right now and my material looks shiny and harder plastic not like rubber as yours does.

That's strange.

Well either way Thanks for the heads up.

Can you upload a picture with flash of your controller like mine. When did you get yours.

Maybe Sony made a bad first batch IDK

Message 38 of 62 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Nov 15, 2013

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

Ok so it is a lighting illusion. Thank You for explaining.

As for the other poster don't even talk about accusations about how long someone has been a forum member.

That statement means nothing. I hope your joking or being sarcastic.

If there is a true defect in materials. Give us feedback as to what to expect.

How long until you noticed the breakdown?

I assume your referring to me. I believe it does matter how long someone has been a forum member. Because what you suggested is that the op is out to do harm to the playstation name and nothing more. He obviously has a more vested interest in playstation because hes been posting for 8 years, and went and spent his hard earned money on more playstation stuff. The op is just disapointed in the quality of the controller. Thats all he has said.

I suppose it dont matter anyways because whats in the box is whats in the box. If they decide to change the material the contoller is made of at a later date, it wont change what we will have now. As I myself wont get my sytem until tomorrow, I cant add my opinion on the matter. But i will say that the op says he owns several ds3's and xbox controllers as well, so he should know if they have a different feel to them. 

I will tell you now that if the rubber rips of my controllers-at any time- i will post pictures of it.

photo pistolstarsig1_zps4f1a9f6d.png
Message 39 of 62 (369 Views)
Fender Bender
3790 posts

Nov 15, 2013

Ok...

You post a link to a demo unit. A DEMO UNIT. Nuff said.

Then YOU have problems, that could be a result of your abusive usage to controllers or maybe lotion, hand sanitizer, soap, etc.

Yup...recall definitely needed.

Message 40 of 62 (356 Views)
0 Likes