Treasure Hunter
5539 posts

Re: My verdict is in on the DS4 - Recall needed

Nov 15, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

PhDChaos wrote:
I agree; this is a big deal. Those analog sticks should be made of more durable material if they are already ripping.

Well then they change the material on the thumbsticks, not go back and scrap the design and start over. In the meantime put some athletic tape on them.

So idealistically, it would be nice for them to address the trigger issues at the very least in addition to the analog sticks but I realize that may not be realistic. Still, I'm not going to act like they are perfect.

The real issue here that I believe deserves the controllers to be recalled and replaced is the analog stick. It's not okay for a $60 controller to have subpar material and if the link I have in the OP is correct, for them to be prone to ripping apart

Message 21 of 62 (132 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
789 posts

Nov 15, 2013
@CaptainAlbator (to be clear, I'm not the OP) Of course you could put tape over them, but why should you even have to do that in the first place with a new controller?

Also, I love the DS4, but the OP does make a good point about the sticks. Regarding the controller in general, I can't really add much except that it fits my hand just right, so I'm happy with everything else about it.
Permanently left the PS Forums because of a trolling MVP and poor moderation.
Message 22 of 62 (131 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Nov 15, 2013

If this controller is worn from use I would think the edge would be rounded.

Not straight up and down almost at a 90 degree angle.

Almost looks like a file or something was used.

DS4.png

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 23 of 62 (130 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5539 posts

Nov 15, 2013

glasscut wrote:

I am sorry OP, but after reading your post it seems as if its for you own personal interest that you want the controller design changed.. Ive been using mine to play CoD MW3 and its still fine.. 

I should have separated the analog sticks flaw from my opinion of the controller as a design. I copied this from a impressions thread I posted in.

If you don't agree with me on my criticisms of certain designs - that's fine, don't worry about it, but as for the sticks, they are completely unacceptable regardless how you look at it. The only way I can see someone not concerned about the sticks now being made out of this inferior material is someone who is a total fanboy and/or is a young kid who didn't purchase their controller/system and doesn't need to justify a purchase

Message 24 of 62 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Nov 15, 2013

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

Uh are you suggesting that this guy whos been here since 2005, and went and got a launch PS4 filed down his own DS4? For what reason exactly?

photo pistolstarsig1_zps4f1a9f6d.png
Message 25 of 62 (117 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5539 posts

Nov 15, 2013

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

DS4.png

Thanks for pointing that out. I just checked the controller in person, that shape imperfection is just a photo illusion. That line is just from my thumb, it's not a cut in the material or filed down.

Before the crazy conspiracy theories about how I'm a xbox troll trying to bash the PS4, I didn't file my controller or damage it in any way. I'm a Playstation user but I'm never a fanboy in life. If something sucks, it sucks.

If you have a DS4, you know exactly what I'm talking about. The sticks are sticky and pick up everything. They flake like an eraser if you drag your thumb across the surface. I only took a close up of the material to show you as you can't feel it over the internet

Message 26 of 62 (114 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Nov 15, 2013

It has nothing to do with fanboy. The term thrown around all the time because someone poses a question you don't like.

Come down here where we can talk and give the horse a rest.

How lon have you had the controller. Let's walk this through for our knowledge as consumors.

You really want to help us?

How long?

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 27 of 62 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5539 posts

Nov 15, 2013

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

It has nothing to do with fanboy. The term thrown around all the time because someone poses a question you don't like.

Come down here where we can talk and give the horse a rest.

How lon have you had the controller. Let's walk this through for our knowledge as consumors.

You really want to help us?

How long?

I suggest you get down from your horse. After the first page instantly turned into a meme session including spectacular comments from "MVPs", I have no choice to ask the fanboys to stop.

I've had the controller for 2 weeks played about 10 hours on it - but it was evident right out of the box. Right when you pick it up you feel it. Same thing with the demo units.

Message 28 of 62 (106 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Nov 15, 2013

Ok so it is a lighting illusion. Thank You for explaining.

As for the other poster don't even talk about accusations about how long someone has been a forum member.

That statement means nothing. I hope your joking or being sarcastic.

If there is a true defect in materials. Give us feedback as to what to expect.

How long until you noticed the breakdown?

Message 29 of 62 (104 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Nov 15, 2013

So you got your PS4 2 weeks ago?

Message 30 of 62 (100 Views)
0 Likes