I Only Post Everything
789 posts

Re: My verdict is in on the DS4 - Recall needed

Nov 15, 2013
None of those links work for me, but I'm on mobile. I'm sorry to hear you don't like the DS4. I've only used one for a few minutes at a demo kiosk but thought it was amazing. The controller fit my hand perfectly. Seriously, it was just perfect. That said, we all have different hands.

As for the analog sticks, I did question the quality of the material, but a few minutes is meaningless to make an informed judgement on my part.

My first impressions of the DS4 are that it is just amazing. I expect it to live up to that. I'm sorry you're disappointed.
Permanently left the PS Forums because of a trolling MVP and poor moderation.
Message 11 of 62 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5539 posts

Nov 15, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Okay, you want me to "contribute".  In my opinion you want the DS4 to be the same as the 360 controller, that way you can say "I won't have to get used to something new, it will be exactly the same", which is not reason enough for them to go back into R&D and change it.

So again, everyone too busy posting up "funny" memes to not even read the thread.

I use the 360 controller but I could have taken a picture of any of my DS3s. It doesn't matter. The DS1, DS2, DS3 all are made of the same material as the 360 controller that doesn't have this problem.

It's only the DS4 that is now made of this poor material that if you clicked the thread I linked on the eu boards, shows a demo already suffered major ripping.

It's kind of a big deal

Message 12 of 62 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5539 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2013

snakeman07 wrote:

First picture doesn't even work...

Images are working for me.

ETA: And you can't wipe the sticks with your shirt or something as everything sticks to them

Message 13 of 62 (203 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
789 posts

Nov 15, 2013
I agree; this is a big deal. Those analog sticks should be made of more durable material if they are already ripping.
Permanently left the PS Forums because of a trolling MVP and poor moderation.
Message 14 of 62 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
657 posts

Nov 15, 2013
This is ur own personal opinion, which I assure u is VERY MINISCULE to the opinion of many others who think the controller is amazing and will have NO EFFECT on the minds and anticipations of the millions of prospective PS4 owners who arent concerned with with the controller looks like under the flash of a camera

In other words.....cool story bro
Message 15 of 62 (187 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29179 posts

Nov 15, 2013

PhDChaos wrote:
I agree; this is a big deal. Those analog sticks should be made of more durable material if they are already ripping.

Well then they change the material on the thumbsticks, not go back and scrap the design and start over. In the meantime put some athletic tape on them.

Message 16 of 62 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5539 posts

Nov 15, 2013

PhDChaos wrote:

I would think most people would agree if they took the time to notice.

Again, as far as the triggers being to sharp and the other minor issues - whatever. But for the analog sticks to suddenly be made like this after decades of no issues? No, not okay for a $60 controller

Message 17 of 62 (180 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5539 posts

Nov 15, 2013

Smooth4Lyfe wrote:
This is ur own personal opinion, which I assure u is VERY MINISCULE to the opinion of many others who think the controller is amazing and will have NO EFFECT on the minds and anticipations of the millions of prospective PS4 owners who arent concerned with with the controller looks like under the flash of a camera

Well given that lighting under the flash is to show close up of the material that you can actually feel in your hands flaking, I think you are missing the point.

If you want to play "cool story bro" please leave the thread and go spam someone else's.

Message 18 of 62 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
657 posts

Nov 15, 2013

GTAMOBSTERX4 wrote:

Smooth4Lyfe wrote:

Well given that lighting under the flash is to show close up of the material that you can actually feel in your hands flaking, I think you are missing the point.

If you want to play "cool story bro" please leave the thread and go spam someone else's.

Lol but for real though

I really dont think its a big issue...I'm assuming its the same material as the PS4 one, and I think flakes on the controller wont effect the performance of the controller or anything else

As for triggers, you can get PS trigger extensions from Amazon

Message 19 of 62 (157 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1573 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2013

I am sorry OP, but after reading your post it seems as if its for your own personal interest that you want the controller design changed.. Ive been using mine to play CoD MW3 and its still fine.. 

Message 20 of 62 (146 Views)