Survivor
2358 posts

Re: My thoughts on the Ps4

Feb 2, 2014

i keep hearing more and more issues about the PS4. makes me happy i decided not to buy one. i still say the overload of social media stuff will eventually slow down everything in online matches, like i said in another post, its just like a computer. you can have the best servers on earth but with hundreds and hundreds of people playing on the servers and using countless devices and services it will slow down.

as for the people i was talking to about Tomb Raider, yeah i don't remember the outfits having anything special to do with the story. but i will say i liked the Guerilla outfit.

Message 31 of 47 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
647 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 2, 2014

Speaking for myself, I find the PS4 is so MUCH faster and user friendly than the PS3 that its actually difficult to go back to using the PS3. I love my PS3 but I LOVE my PS4.

Message 32 of 47 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2358 posts

Feb 2, 2014

Grimnall wrote:

Speaking for myself, I find the PS4 is so MUCH faster and user friendly than the PS3 that its actually difficult to go back to using the PS3. I love my PS3 but I LOVE my PS4.

each they're own, i just can't get behind it with what i said in my one post about how all that extra stuff wll only slow connections. i know a lot of fanboys will claim it won't but anyone who understands even a bit about online operations knows its true. i truely hope those of you who like it get a decent gaming time out of it but with the way people are, and the way PS3 kept getting messed up with accesories like mics and all slowing down fighters and stuff. i really don't see it ending well..

Message 33 of 47 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 2, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

i keep hearing more and more issues about the PS4. makes me happy i decided not to buy one. i still say the overload of social media stuff will eventually slow down everything in online matches, like i said in another post, its just like a computer. you can have the best servers on earth but with hundreds and hundreds of people playing on the servers and using countless devices and services it will slow down.

as for the people i was talking to about Tomb Raider, yeah i don't remember the outfits having anything special to do with the story. but i will say i liked the Guerilla outfit.

Hey man you have no clue how it works then. The social media part has nothing to do with online play other than maybe posting a trophy you obtained or in a few games you went on a 20 kill streak. When it does report it makes a small coment under Whats new section of the PS4. It in no way causes lag or anything. If you are trying to stream your game thats different. Poor net speeds can cause issues but again. The stream function is off till you hit the share button and turn it on so the social media part causes no lag cause it truly hardly posts anything. Just game you played and your trophies. Thats a tiny amount ov data vs what your actualy using to play online. You said the fan boys will say this. too above. Well it is true far as posting to Whats new it doesnt require hardly any data to do this. If was to cause lag it be less than a seconds worth you wouldnt even see it unless your trying to stream.

Message 34 of 47 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2358 posts

Feb 2, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

Hey man you have no clue how it works then. The social media part has nothing to do with online play other than maybe posting a trophy you obtained or in a few games you went on a 20 kill streak. When it does report it makes a small coment under Whats new section of the PS4. It in no way causes lag or anything. If you are trying to stream your game thats different. Poor net speeds can cause issues but again. The stream function is off till you hit the share button and turn it on so the social media part causes no lag cause it truly hardly posts anything. Just game you played and your trophies. Thats a tiny amount ov data vs what your actualy using to play online.

but in order to share on the drop of a dime it technically has to be on all the time. just hitting the button only autherizies it. plus think about whats gonna happen when hundreds of players hit it time after time in game. the server will need to take that into account and send the stuff while still keeping a connection for play. like it or not it is like a computer and eventually you all will see this happen.

Message 35 of 47 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 2, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

Hey man you have no clue how it works then. The social media part has nothing to do with online play other than maybe posting a trophy you obtained or in a few games you went on a 20 kill streak. When it does report it makes a small coment under Whats new section of the PS4. It in no way causes lag or anything. If you are trying to stream your game thats different. Poor net speeds can cause issues but again. The stream function is off till you hit the share button and turn it on so the social media part causes no lag cause it truly hardly posts anything. Just game you played and your trophies. Thats a tiny amount ov data vs what your actualy using to play online.

but in order to share on the drop of a dime it technically has to be on all the time. just hitting the button only autherizies it. plus think about whats gonna happen when hundreds of players hit it time after time in game. the server will need to take that into account and send the stuff while still keeping a connection for play. like it or not it is like a computer and eventually you all will see this happen.

Agreed of millions of users at once possibly posting at once but thise may be on different servers than the actual game servers. The whole social media part may be complete different servers with the Ps4 reporting to them only when something happening. Other than that just report play data to the game server for the game you are playing on. Yiu the player should never report that much unless you constantly lunxh the same game over or overagain or you some how can get many trophies completed at ounce.

Message 36 of 47 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Feb 2, 2014

Hate the controller?? LOOL it's leagues betetr then weak Ds3 and the best console controller on the market, perfect design.

Message 37 of 47 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Feb 2, 2014

Really can't get enough of my PS4! Love this thing! The design of the DS4 is beautiful but the build quality is terrible. I've had to replace two controllers because r2 and l2 buttons failing in less than one months use. Compare that to 6+ years use of DS3's without one falure. Hopefully Sony will do something about this soon!

Message 38 of 47 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Feb 2, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Hate the controller?? LOOL it's leagues betetr then weak Ds3 and the best console controller on the market, perfect design.

For you.

Some of us are having thumb pain, finger pain and multiple other issues with the pad design.

Message 39 of 47 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 2, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

For you.

Some of us are having thumb pain, finger pain and multiple other issues with the pad design.

I haven't heard much about people experiencing thumb pain from the DS4. No controller will ever be perfect for everyone. Although this is my first Playstation (PS4) I have tried out the DS3 and my hands are just too big for that controller. The DS4 is perfect for my sized hands and compared to the Xbone's controller the DS4 has quite a bit more features. Personally this is a win. 

Message 40 of 47 (38 Views)
0 Likes