Nov 30 2012
By: LannSky First Son 9 posts
Accepted Solution

My review of PS3 experience and asking for more

[ Edited ]
3 replies 109 views Edited Nov 30, 2012

Firstly, my review for my PS3 experience so far:

1) The Plus free avatars are awesome.

2) It's too bad that some games I like are not Plus-discounted, such as Counter-Strike (which I bought already), Tokyo Jungle, and Dead Island.

3) Counter-Strike is ok but some issues.  Unlike in PC, the game server you are to play is randomly chosen for you, and also you can communicate only with people with headphones.  And also, there's not a lot of players, mostly bots.

4) The Plus free download "Ratchet & Clank All 4 One" is awesome as it is co-op and story mode too!

5) The Plus free download "Resident Evil 5" is awesome too as it is co-op and story mode too! Also, you get to keep the weapons and items you have before. 

6) The Plus free download "King of Fighters XIII" is just awesome.  I never knew!

7) Netflix being here is great!

8) Crackle is ok too!

9) Little Big Planet disc that I bought is ok.  It's fun.

Secondly, I'd like to ask for more: (although I'm enjoying Resident Evil 5 right now)

a) Are there people still playing Dead Island online?

b) Are there people still playing Dead Space 1 or 2 online?

c) What are other co-op online games like Resident Evil 5 and Ratchet & Clank All for One?

d) What are other online games where you "update your status" (like leveling up such as Warcraft, or like obtaining items such Resident Evil 5)? (btw I never ever played Warcraft before, not even once)

e) What online games have many players still playing?

f) Ok this might sound weird. Is Little Big Planet for kids? I had fun playing LBP but realized some kids were trying to talk to me.  This is the reason why I haven't downloaded LBP2 (a Plus Free at the moment).

Thanks so much! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: My review of PS3 experience and asking for more

Nov 30, 2012
A) yes
B) yes, but only #2 has online play
C)Dunno, depends on your game preferences
D) I don't even know what that means
E) almost everything? All games released within the past 12 months for sure.
F) LBP is for everyone. You get what you put in to it. I guarantee, if you start up any given Call of Duty game, you'll get 15 times more little kids trying to talk to you than in LBP, or any other game for that matter. Doesn't mean it's a kids game though.
Message 2 of 4 (96 Views)
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

LannSky wrote:

d) What are other online games where you "update your status" (like leveling up such as Warcraft, or like obtaining items such Resident Evil 5)? (btw I never ever played Warcraft before, not even once)

johngie wrote:

D) I don't even know what that means

I meant online games where you 'permanently gain' something: either you gain level, or gain weapons/items, and then it is saved, so that when you play again, your level or weapons/items are still there.  In Resident Evil 5, you can play online and collect weapons/items, and these weapons/items gets saved everytime you reach a checkpoint.  When you log out, then next day you log in and play again, you will still have those weapons/items in your inventory.  Also the same for Little Big Planet where you collect items (dress-ups and stickers).

Other online games just make you play back in square one everytime you log-in, such as Counter-Strike GO. 

Well , thanks though! I might get Dead Island or Dead Space 2 again (I played them in Xbox360 and sold them along with the console lol).

Message 3 of 4 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Dec 1, 2012
Counter Strike is probably the only one that does that...
Message 4 of 4 (63 Views)
0 Likes