Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 28 2013
By: jakester9117 First Son 29 posts

My ps3 wont turn on the frist couple times.

12 replies 148 views Edited Sep 28, 2013
Hi guy and girls. So like my tile said my ps3 wont turn on the frist couple trys. So when i turn on my ps3 it show a blank or it freeze up. I fought a way to get it to work so i put ot up againts the Air conditioners on tubo cool for like 5 to 15 mins. Then my ps3 be cold after i do that it be worker with no polbem. Plus i have the nyko intercooler fan to keep my ps3 cooler. I know i really dont need the fan for the slim but i just want to try it out. Could anybody can tell whats wrong with my ps3 do i need it to get fix or should i do want i do put againts the Air conditioners it do work for the whole day.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Re: My ps3 wont turn on the frist couple times.

Sep 28, 2013

Thats not normal behaviour for a ps3 slim. I would advise sending it in to get fixed or buying a new one. If youre alittle strapped for cash and happen to have an older model with YLOD you can take it apart and replace the thermal paste giving it another week or two of use before it dies again, then just go trade it into a game store. Thats what i did. Just don't mention that it had ylod.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7962 posts

Sep 28, 2013

Problem could be intercooler caused actual damage as well. Ive seen some horrific pics of intercoolers doing bad damage to systems.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (115 Views)
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Sep 28, 2013

Black0Panther wrote:

Problem could be intercooler caused actual damage as well. Ive seen some horrific pics of intercoolers doing bad damage to systems.

Those things should be outlawed..the air is restricted enough with the ps3 and these just enhance the effect..removing just the back grill alone on the ps3 fat or slim reduces temps by at least 20 degrees minimum..i have tested this with several units.

those grills are just to restricting not letting a free flow of air,and the cosmetics of the rear grill being cut out don't matter,you never see the back of it..lol

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (112 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Sep 28, 2013
I dont have money to buy a new or sending it in to playstation. Im 14 years old i get money for doing chores thats it. that only thing i could do for now until i get money to get fix. My friend said to try craglist to see can anybody fix my ps3 for cheaper.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Sep 28, 2013

jakester9117 wrote:
I dont have money to buy a new or sending it in to playstation. Im 14 years old i get money for doing chores thats it. that only thing i could do for now until i get money to get fix. My friend said to try craglist to see can anybody fix my ps3 for cheaper.

i would advise you to not use CL looking for a repair person as most are scams that will just take a heatgun to it and repaste it and then you think you will be fine then 2 weeks later your out of that repair money and your ps3.

that being said it doesn't sound like you need a reball as you haven't actually got ylod,i think you just need to redo the thermal paste and if you can't then just about any PC shop will do it...it's easy to do and theres many tutorials on how to do it as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (104 Views)
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2013

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Sep 28, 2013

Cyber_Descendant wrote:
You can always try asking your parents and explain how you have a faulty system maybe put on a little tear show and act really depressed like your worlds ruined. I'm sure they'd wanna see their little angle happy.

When ever my kids pull them stunts i always see right through it,and would hope most parents do.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2013

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Sep 28, 2013

Cyber_Descendant wrote:

I'm asuming it would work better if you're a single child. but yes it is a cliche way for children to get what you want.. You can also try finding someone from school who has one and attempt steal his. preferably some dumb druggie.

If your going to go that far,just act like you hurt yourself and go to the hospital and get a script for some pain pills and then the dopeheads will trade everything they got for them..haha

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (82 Views)