Highlighted
Apr 04 2013
By: CainS1 First Son 2 posts

My ps3 keeps turning off.

2 replies 67 views Edited Apr 4, 2013
Sometimes it works just fine until I change the game. After it shuts off it won't turn back on for longer than a minute and a half. Usually it just shuts off in about 10 seconds. When it shuts off there is no light. If I unplug it and plug it back in or disconnect and reconnect the power connection inside the system it will run longer before turning off.
Message 1 of 3 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Re: My ps3 keeps turning off.

Apr 4, 2013

CainS1 wrote:
Sometimes it works just fine until I change the game. After it shuts off it won't turn back on for longer than a minute and a half. Usually it just shuts off in about 10 seconds. When it shuts off there is no light. If I unplug it and plug it back in or disconnect and reconnect the power connection inside the system it will run longer before turning off.

Sounds like an overheating issue. By any chance, would your PS3 happen to be the old "fatboy" model?

Just curious.

The best thing to do is call Sony's tech-support.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 2 of 3 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56286 posts

Re: My ps3 keeps turning off.

Apr 4, 2013

CainS1 wrote:

It does sound like overheating as horror said.   You can do as he suggested and contact support here
http://us.playstation.com/support/contact_options/index.htm

What model do you have?

How long have you had it?

Did you buy it used or new?

Are you comfortable around electronics, comfortable enough to take it apart and redo the thermal paste for the heat sinks?

Message 3 of 3 (54 Views)
0 Likes