Oct 05 2012
By: RichtofenFTW2012 First Son 1 posts

My ps3 has been going really really slow

4 replies 168 views Edited Oct 5, 2012

so heres the load down. i got my ps3 used. it would run fine. nothing worng. but after i keep buying games my ps3 started making this loud scheeching sound. IM LIKE HOLY COW ITS RUINING MY DISK. i check it and nothing is worng. then after a bought red dead undead nightmare its been going really slow. i resarted it back the factory setting i delated i buch of stuff. but i think the problem is that i keep moving it. i would play it in my room. then i would move it back to the living room. so i think it might be becuase of moving it. i tried some stuff. i did try it in safe mode. IT **bleep**ED UP MY PS3. but i need help PLEASE. im not rich to but i new one

my PS3 is a new 200 gb slim ps3

Message 1 of 5 (168 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15906 posts

Re: My ps3 has been going really really slow

Oct 5, 2012

First.... stop moving your PS3..... there is no reason to be changing to different rooms all the time.

Your issue is likely a combination of a dying hard drive, and overheating.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 2 of 5 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1388 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Holy mother of god..... ok have you tried cleaning it getting all the dust out of the system and all that jazz?
Message 3 of 5 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Oct 5, 2012

moving a ps3 wont damage the HDD, its probally the same crap alot of people are having a rpoblem with firmware 4.25. My ps3 laggs so bad you cant play games, xmb laggs. I thought my HDD was going out until i found the forum link asking people to report 4.25 firmware problems and everyone is saying the same as me. Some have it worse but just try to wait for a firmware update and see if it fixes it.

Message 4 of 5 (157 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15906 posts

Oct 5, 2012

DemonSpaw7v-_- wrote:

moving a ps3 wont damage the HDD, its probally the same crap alot of people are having a rpoblem with firmware 4.25. My ps3 laggs so bad you cant play games, xmb laggs. I thought my HDD was going out until i found the forum link asking people to report 4.25 firmware problems and everyone is saying the same as me. Some have it worse but just try to wait for a firmware update and see if it fixes it.

Strange.... I have the latest firmware on a 60 and 80Gb PS3 and never had an issue......

I do think there is some part of people having issues with updates having some relation to user error. 

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 5 of 5 (147 Views)
0 Likes