Jul 01 2012
By: Blaze_Octane44 Sackboy 497 posts
Accepted Solution

My ps vita keeps randomly turning off??

12 replies 3162 views Edited Jul 1, 2012
Just recently my first edition vita has randomly been shutting completely off and no not going into sleep mode. Sometimes when im using it or sometimes i may put it down for a second and when pick it back up like 30 secs later its shut off and i have to repower it back on! This promblem is starting to frustrate me as it is getting as often as the old promblem that the vita had of freezing up or not powering on unless you rebooted the vita. Confused why all of a sudden after no issues for months this has started. Anyone else having this promblem? and yes it has good battery charge...
Gamer till the End
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (3,162 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
497 posts

Re: My ps vita keeps randomly turning off??

Jul 1, 2012

Gamer till the End
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (3,155 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 3, 2012
I am havjng the same issue. It nust started out of no where but what I'm trying to do is let the battery die out, charge it completely and see if that works. If not then I'll restore and format it.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (3,123 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Jul 3, 2012

this happens to me as well. sometimes ill be playing a game or doing whatever on my vita, ill hit the sleep button and put it in my case and then not even 10 min later when I take it back out of the case it wont turn on. sometimes its even longer than 10 min, and when i pull it out of the case the light is a solid blue and i am forced to hold the power button down for 30 seconds and reboot the vita. 

i thought i read somewhere (from Sony) that the 1.69 update was supposed to fix crashes and things like this, and that is why it was optional. The 1.69 update did help a little, but the issue is still there. hoping this can be fixed soon.

Also, a little unrelated but still concerning to me is the standby/sleep battery life.  I have read from multiple sites that the Vita's battery lasts a whole week in sleep mode with only a little sliver of the batter meter draining.  the one thing i have noticed is that if my Vita is not totally powered off the battery will be totally dead the next time i go to use it.  last night for example my Vita was about 50% and this morning i had to plug it in, flashing orange light upon connecting it to the charger telling me that the battery was totally drained.  I feel like this isnt right.  Whenever i have any remaining battery it just disappears if i leave it for any extended amount of time in sleep mode.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (3,116 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 27, 2012
I am having this issue too, I thought there was a problem with my vita's battery..it didn't charge even though the battery wasn't full and when I plugged in the charger the orange light comes up for a second and goes away.

I did a factory reset and while I was setting up the date and time and credit card info the vita just shut down..complete black screen with no flashing blue light..

it refused to turn on..completely bricked and even trying to reset it didn't work..but after a day i managed to turn it on again and for awhile everything was back to normal..

I was playing uncharted a few minutes ago and again the vita shut down in mid game with no blinking blue light or anything..

is this a firmware issue? or a battery issue? I can't turn it on now and it's bricked again...

also..when it was working properly I noticed that each time I put it into standby anywhere from 5mins to an hour or so it would switch off and when I turn it on it would ask me to enter date & time again..that's why it seems like a battery issue..causing my vita to have dementia or something..anyone having this problem?
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (3,069 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
497 posts

Jul 27, 2012
@schpastik sounds like you some real promblems going on and i suggest u call sony n c what to do.Every time i have had to call they are always very helpful plus your vita has a one year manufacturers warranty which u may want to talk to sony about getting a new one. Since i posted this question my vita has only turned off randomly twice once just a while ago today. Im hoping the next big vita update will resolve this promblem just like when during launch everyone was having their system freeze and the ps button wld glow blue n u had to do a master reset. That promblem just secretly went away probably was in the vita update they fixed it n hopefully this will be fixed s well! Also u shld think about buying the extended warranty i def am only cuz its New tech n no one really knows how long The internal battery may last or how durable the vita will b with constant use. Mine is on from 6am till 1030pm mostly 7days a week. I have a job that allows for me to use this in between my work so will be interesting to c how it holds up gd luck to you lmk ur results
Gamer till the End
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (3,046 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 27, 2012
yeah i think mine has a battery defect...now it won't even charge...really strange...

i just turned it on after leaving it alone for about 10 hours...it was a full green battery, plugged it into the charger and nothing...went into the system menu to just browse around and suddenly i got a notice that the battery is low and the fully green battery suddenly became just one sliver of red

and to top it off...it still wouldn't charge when i plug the charger in...doesn't look like its a common problem, its just that i got a dud set...only been 4 months since i got it time to get it replaced..
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (3,037 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1387 posts

Jul 27, 2012
Hmm i havent had any problems with mine yet o.O
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (3,028 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2905 posts

Jul 27, 2012

xChrisGTRx wrote:
Hmm i havent had any problems with mine yet o.O

Yeah, thankfully me neither. All I struggle with, at times, is when my screen refuses to take my finger's commands. (Meaning the touchscreen won't work for a bit).

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (3,022 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Jul 27, 2012

anyone that has this problem go talk to sony not us. sony gave a1 yr manufactures warrenty. they will fix it for you or replace it. 

why you still here reading this? go.. go now ... call. what you waiting for?

http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (3,020 Views)
0 Likes