Highlighted
Feb 18 2012
By: cambeau123 First Son 9 posts
Accepted Solution

My ps vita just broke. I turned it off and the play station button on bottom left kept flashing repeatedly and now it's just blue and the screens blank it won't turn on Or anything.

8 replies 407 views Edited Feb 18, 2012

Anybody else hVe this problem? I'm very upsry

Message 1 of 9 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Re: My ps vita just broke. I turned it off and the play station button on bottom left kept flashing repeatedly and now it's just blue and the screens blank it won't turn on Or anything.

Feb 18, 2012

Call Sony Customer Service.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 2 of 9 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
93 posts

Re: My ps vita just broke. I turned it off and the play station button on bottom left kept flashing repeatedly and now it's just blue and the screens blank it won't turn on Or anything.

Feb 18, 2012

You have it updated to the latest firmware?

Message 3 of 9 (407 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 18, 2012

try holding the power button for 30 seconds and see if the recovery menu pops up. If it does choose 1 reset vita hopefully that will help.

Message 4 of 9 (407 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13564 posts

Feb 18, 2012

There's a warranty for a reason....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 9 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Feb 18, 2012

try the recovery menu

Below are the steps on how to get in the Recovery Menu:

* Turn off PSVita (press power button for 10+ sec)

* Now press and hold R + Power + PS Button

* Now you are in the Recovery Menu/Mode

from here use your D-Pad to Rebuild Database. if that dosent work, do the steps agian and click on Restore PS Vita System.

good luck hope it works! let us know!

- mike
Message 6 of 9 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Feb 18, 2012

Have you even charged it? Put it on charge for 30 minutes and go back to it.

Message 7 of 9 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Feb 18, 2012

Yeah, it probably just needs to be charged.

Message 8 of 9 (407 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 18, 2012

Thanks man. I had no idea that's how you reset it.

Message 9 of 9 (407 Views)
0 Likes