Mar 08 2013
By: TheUltimateSword Lombax Warrior 228 posts

My intake and opinions on SOny's so-called ps4

7 replies 86 views Edited Mar 8, 2013

Some things to think on

1. About Bleepin time they use an actual CPU instead of those cell versions. For sakes though, just make an external card adaptor with those cell processors built-in to sell to us who want to play our older games because the older systems are no longer in production and repairs are expensive.

2. Why call it the ps4? Why not finally make an actual evolving console system like the PC does and just call it the PSU (Playstation Universe). Consoles don't make much profit. The games do. If anything, allow for upgrades to cpu and memory components to upgrade for better version of games.

3. Cloud-based games may be one thing, but loading them in real-time from the cloud? Not all of us have unlimited data plans for internet (ATT and Comcast subscribers, you know what I'm talking about).

Anyway, that's my opinion. Too early to tell yet.

Message 1 of 8 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: My intake and opinions on SOny's so-called ps4

Mar 8, 2013

TheUltimateSword wrote:

Some things to think on

1. About Bleepin time they use an actual CPU instead of those cell versions. For sakes though, just make an external card adaptor with those cell processors built-in to sell to us who want to play our older games because the older systems are no longer in production and repairs are expensive.

2. Why call it the ps4? Why not finally make an actual evolving console system like the PC does and just call it the PSU (Playstation Universe). Consoles don't make much profit. The games do. If anything, allow for upgrades to cpu and memory components to upgrade for better version of games.

3. Cloud-based games may be one thing, but loading them in real-time from the cloud? Not all of us have unlimited data plans for internet (ATT and Comcast subscribers, you know what I'm talking about).

Are you talking about the FAT PS3s? The current models will be in production for a while. Just look at the Ps2...It had a little more than a 10year cycle.

As for the other stuff...you say they dont make much money on consoles..then proceed to give ideas for all the things they could put money into console wise...this must be why you make so much money as a SONY consultant...hahaha...ooooh

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 2 of 8 (80 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29418 posts

Mar 8, 2013

TheUltimateSword wrote:

Some things to think on

(Because they're not in business to be "swell guys", and they LOSE (note the spelling) money when you play your ten year old games. A console is a LOSS LEADER. They don't make any money on the machine, they make money on things that go WITH it. What goes with a game console? GAMES.)

(Because Playstation is an established brand name, and it's another console in the Playstation "Series".)

(Admitedly that can be a problem, and as internet networks across the United States become upgraded, it may not be in the future. Also as I've said before, someone will find a way.)

(You say it's "too early to tell", but you seem to have your mind made up already)

Message 3 of 8 (79 Views)
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Mar 8, 2013

1. I know, but at least license the rights to a third-party manufacturer and make money that way. As you said, Sony wants money, not our enjoyment to play older games.

2. I mention this one because sony "can" make more money by selling upgrades that are "needed" for future games. In a way, that would force us to get the upgrades (they could also be include in future version releases of the console)

3.Yep

Message 4 of 8 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3436 posts

Mar 8, 2013

TheUltimateSword wrote:

1. I know, but at least license the rights to a third-party manufacturer and make money that way. As you said, Sony wants money, not our enjoyment to play older games.

2. I mention this one because sony "can" make more money by selling upgrades that are "needed" for future games. In a way, that would force us to get the upgrades (they could also be include in future version releases of the console)

3.Yep

if you want to upgrade buy a pc..this is the nice thing about consoles...everyone is on a level playing ground and it will and should always remain that way..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 5 of 8 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Mar 8, 2013

I don't see Sony ever dropping the PlayStation name. As mentioned, it is an established brand name that people know. There is no so-called ps4 - it actually is a PS4.

Message 6 of 8 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 8, 2013

I know, I never said anything about dropping the playstation name Thus i mentioned a name called Playstation Universe.

Luckily I didn't get that many games on the ps3 since there werent that many JRPGS. I suspect that with Sony's discussion about the ps4 being easier for developers to make games for it, the system will have as many (if not more) games released for it as the ps2 and that will probably mean more games released from Atlus, NIS, Xseed games, Namco Bandai, and Square Enix too.

I usually end up buying a backup console right when it ends it production cycle and I buy the new console when I see at least 3-5 JRPGS out for it (What I did for the ps3)

I get the backup so that I can guarantee I finish all my games for that generation.

Message 7 of 8 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Mar 8, 2013

I should also mention the fact that with games released on multiple consoles, the PS3 version retains more value than other consoles (Glad my Mavel VS Capcom 3 Limited edition was on the ps3)Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 8 (47 Views)
0 Likes