PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: My experience with Endless Electronics

Oct 22, 2012

Blaze_Octane44 wrote:
Another tip! On fat ps3 completely powe it down with built in power button when not using it why keep it in standby burning up juice and wear on ur system also on newer slims with no power button buy aftermarket attachment power button they make for ps3 slims get it o amazon for cheap.

I don't believe completely powering down a PS3 is going to make a big impact on how long it lasts. In standby mode, it uses less than 1W of power, just like most modern electronics...

Message 501 of 513 (523 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Re: Endless Electronics PS3 Repair

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

Alright, figured I'd bump this thread with a bit of bad news. My PS3 got the YLOD again and ate my "Dark Knight Rises" Blu-Ray today. Smiley Sad

Gonna withhold any negative comments about it at this point. I don't really have any bad things to say tbh, but that may differ after I speak to EE tomorrow depending on how it goes. I am supposed to be under warranty for 2 yrs and I know I followed directions on the break-in process. I will update this thread again afterwards.

I should have seen it coming though. The last few days I have had 3 random shutoffs while trying to play MOH Warfighter and of course watch Blu-Ray's.

Anyone else ever had to send there PS3 back in after 6 months?

Message 502 of 513 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

Oddly enough, I had mine repaired in June 2012 and here I am now 6 months and the PS3 is dead again.  I got the reball for my ps3 with the replacement pads.  The sad thing is the only time I've used it was for the burn in and some demos.  I just contacted EE about the warranty but I'm pretty tired of dealing with this.  I should have just shelved it back then instead of trying to save it.  What a waste of money. 

Also whenever a stressful demo was played, the fans would go full max all the time.  I e-mailed them about that and they said it was normal so I figured that was just something I had to live with.  

Message 503 of 513 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Jan 30, 2013

Just an update on my ps3, I got the PS3 back from them under a warranty repair.  It seems to be working again but the fan goes to max after a few minutes in a game again although I haven't completed the burn in process yet.  I'm not very hopeful the fix will last as it's exhibiting the same behavior with the fans as last time

Don't waste your time repairing your systems, once it ylods just take the big hit and get a new system.  This slow burn of wasting cash and time is not worth it.  If I need it serviced again it'll be another UPS shipping fee down the drain and I would have pretty much have bought a new PS3 already.  

Message 504 of 513 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Jan 31, 2013

when this company first started doing repairs i was very skeptical of them as i have dealt with electronics repair places for parts,etc for many years and know how shady many of them can be but EE has been around now for awhile with many happy customers and no matter how good these places are not every console can be repaired back to 100% and with the fans ramping up like you say i think they should have some type of refund policy in place for these consoles they just cant get back to 100% although they are few and far between..but still give it some time this time around as the fans could be ramping up just due to failed thermistors that control the fan and these cant be replaced in the ps3....

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 505 of 513 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Feb 19, 2013

I forgot to come back and update this and now i see the new replies. My PS3 is doing good again so far. I have diligently followed the break-in process again. If it gives me anymore trouble it's gonna be retired on the shelf like a previous poster just said ^.

All in all though, EE does great work and I understand that no one is perfect. They still have top notch service IMO.

Message 506 of 513 (176 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 11, 2013

I have have the same experience with them also. You'll get ylod within six months of the repair & they will tell you that warranty is void because the system is unstable. This has also happened with some other of my friends who sent their system to EE. I got an ultra slim to replace the unrepairable PS3. The ultra slim is whisper quite & always cool. 

Message 507 of 513 (339 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 16, 2013

I just got my PS3 back from them after various months of repair. They basically said the system is unstable and voided the warranty. It was still overheating and now its giving me this weird green screen.

I need to get it replaced now. Dont go with Endless Electronics.

Message 508 of 513 (265 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Endless Electronics is unable to repair my PS3. Need help, again...

May 11, 2013

my ps3 i tun it on then it turns back of do you no what is the ploblem couse when i tund in on does no want to shout down then it shout down by itselft

Message 509 of 513 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Re: Endless Electronics is unable to repair my PS3. Need help, again...

May 11, 2013

do you know why is no workin couse i turn it on then it shouts by it selft

Message 510 of 513 (109 Views)
0 Likes