Jan 07 2013
By: oXx-JD-xXo First Son 15 posts

My best friend, Playstation :D

8 replies 353 views Edited Jan 7, 2013

Well I'm here to tell my story, and how the PlayStation family has helped me overcome some of the most unexpected events in my life, because without it I wouldn't be the person I am today.

First off I arrived to the US when I was around 5; my parents were after the American Dream. We went because an uncle was really "rich", but the truth, he really wasn't even close. I do remember that Christmas, I got one gift, a little elf that said "Merry Christmas". I was so happy with just that one gift.

Finally we moved out of that little house, and we were progressing, slowly but steady. The Christmas from '99 was awesome, especially because we finally had or own home, and because I met PlayStation for the first time. There was only one present under the tree, just one blue color box, sitting right there. I remember everything like if happened yesterday. I ran to it and started ripping off the paper, when all of a sudden there it was my very own PlayStation 1. I screamed and ran all over the place. The first game it was inside it was a WWE and a demo disc, I played them all day and all night, I just couldn't get enough of it. I realize now that my parents did everything they could to get it, especially sacrificing their own gifts for mine, after all those were difficult times.

PlayStation has helped me a lot, I can't even describe how the PlayStation family is just like mine. When I was 7, I got beat up at school, just because I couldn't speak English at all. Well that's what my parents tell me, but the truth is I don't remember, or I don't want to remember. I do remember wanting to learn English at its fullest, so I started playing, just playing trying to learn everything I could from the games on my Ps one. The game that helped me the most was FF7. Technically it was my English teacher. And guess what? I learned English by just trying to understand what the characters were trying to say, the options menu, the start menu, just wanting to learn. I never felt so happy about myself.

My relationship with my Ps 1, didn't last as long as I wanted. My mom wanted to give my Ps 1 to a cousin, because he was going through harder times than I was. I cried sooo much that day. In the end I learned it was the right thing to do, making him as happy as I was with my PS1. Everything got better on Christmas of 2002. I was really excited because I asked for a Ps2, although I knew it was going to be a miracle if I got it, and I prayed like crazy for it. So again I saw just one box under the three, it kind of gave me nostalgia and excitement. I opened it up, and there was this blue big box and on it said PS2. I hugged my parents for an hour crying of excitement and happiness. The best thing about it, was inviting friends over to play a little, that was the first time I, not only invited someone to my house, but actually played games with a second player.

Things were going great, what can I say? I was already an American citizen and my parents were working hard to get everything we needed. Until my father got into some sort of bankrupt. He started his own business, but in the end it didn't worked out at all. So we had to move and sell everything we could. The second saddest day of my life: Leaving that big friend, that made me so happy, helped me meeting new friends, was still my teacher, and was always there when i needed a relief, or getting a distraction when thing were getting harsh. That day was the day I had to leave my PS2.

After that i didn't have another console for a while, it still bothered me leaving it behind, into someone else’s hands, I felt kind of jealous. But things happen for a reason.

Now days I'm more than happy, everything is finally settle up, and I have a new, like big brother. This really great and powerful guy. Called PS3. I got it, not only thanks to my parents, but to myself. I saved sooo much money to get it. So much hard work earning a few extra bucks for my piggy bank. The PS3 has shown me things I never believed it would. I still can't believe I got it just that year (2011). And it's always that lonely box under the Christmas tree.

All I want to say is Thank You PlayStation, because you were, are and always will be the best thing that ever happened in my life. :')

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (353 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: My best friend, Playstation :D

Jan 7, 2013

wow simply wow. This story made my day :catvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (343 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jan 7, 2013

So much heartbreaks and almost cried because of it :').

Really inspiring story I think I'll share this story, definetly deserves a spotlight.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (319 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Jan 7, 2013

I´m really glad you liked it and thanks for your support, just wanting to share my experience with this amazing system and let everyone that reads it, that it actually changed my life 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (317 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jan 8, 2013

This was amazing :')

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (302 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Definetly one of the most touching story i've read here, it deserves at least to be mention somewhere where a lot of people could read it.

Great job sharing this awsome story, totally worth reading it.

I wish you the best !  Ihope you win, you deserve it :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (294 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Great story, it's been a while since I read something this emotional. You definetly need to win!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (275 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 9, 2013

You know, the contest submitions win or lose based on the judges' evaluations, not the evaluations of other forum members. With that in mind, you could spend your time reading others' stories and commenting on them instead of registering five new accounts just to compliment your own.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (243 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Yeah I know the judging protocol, and I didn't created new acc, I just passed the story on fb to some close friends and told if they really liked it to support me and read other ones. But your right I've spend time reding more stories but not actually supporting them like I should. Thanks for teh advice :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (233 Views)
0 Likes