Sackboy
426 posts

Re: My account is banned for no reason!!

Jan 27, 2013

Doppelgangergang wrote:

JFK_Fan wrote:

I was warned about having my account banned. All i had done was misspell a few curse words and the mods threw a fit. What makes this funny is i was saying qoutes from a game. check out my favorite game qoutes thread in off-topic discussions.

Dodging the language filter? Yeah, they don't like that.

I wonder if im allowed to create my own explitives like Craig Ferguson (juicey fruit/ oolala) lol! gonna start giving that a try

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Message 21 of 46 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Dude, you really need to think about everything you did and think of some possible reasons!

I remember when I first got banned. I made a level in LittleBigPlante. I thought it would be fun to explode Justin Bieber's head to end a level. Apparently, people didn't think it was so funny. I called Playstation. They literally told me what I did and I got banned for a week.

Anything could have gotten you banned. From a bad message to boosting on online multiplayer  for trophies (games like Starhawk does that), you can really get banned for a lot. 

Message 22 of 46 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jan 28, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

HomeStuck_ wrote:

Its Sony you can get ban for anything

Another good answer!

I sincerely hope thas sarcasm Brit... You shouldn't encourage a troll

Indeed, hence the '!' after it.

Touche

Furiously Chaosing
Message 23 of 46 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jan 28, 2013

deaofly wrote:
Game sharing? Why would game sharing play a factor?

Because its against Sony's Terms of Use and EULA

Furiously Chaosing
Message 24 of 46 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Jan 28, 2013

deaofly wrote:
Game sharing? Why would game sharing play a factor?

Probably because game sharing is a direct violation of Sony's Terms of Service. Sharing your ID and Password is never a good idea under the best of circumstances. Especially if you don't know the person you are game sharing with. Once someone else has access to your account what is to stop them from running up your CC? Or draining your wallet? If you've been hacked, things can be done to rectifiy that. But call up Sony and tell them you gave someone access to your account and I will bet you my wallet against your wallet that they'll tell you there's nothing they can do if you gave out that information.

Using someone else's ID to download stuff you didn't pay for is piracy.

Message 25 of 46 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Doppelgangergang wrote:

JFK_Fan wrote:

I was warned about having my account banned. All i had done was misspell a few curse words and the mods threw a fit. What makes this funny is i was saying qoutes from a game. check out my favorite game qoutes thread in off-topic discussions.

I'll flag people for language filter dodging when they're being abusive or insulting. I don't like it being aimed at me and I don't like it aimed at others. An idiot is an idiot, I won't argue. But calling someone an idiot is a bit less offensive than callling them a bloody, malformed, troll of an idiot. Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 46 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Jan 28, 2013

JFK_Fan wrote:

Doppelgangergang wrote:

JFK_Fan wrote:

I wonder if im allowed to create my own explitives like Craig Ferguson (juicey fruit/ oolala) lol! gonna start giving that a try

Please feel free to be creative with your expletives. In my house we use terms like Southern Baptist Yankee Republican Tea Party bootlicker or bloody son of a basket weaver. Why cuss them out and allow them to understand you? Be creative. Confuse them. Smiley Happy Use your "iiiiiiimaaaaaaaginaaaaaaaation" (does a poor Spongebob imitation.)

Message 27 of 46 (76 Views)
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Oh that kind of Game sharing, Screw that nonsense. I was thinking something like what the PSP did with friends who didn't have a game and it let you send them something to play together.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 28 of 46 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Jan 28, 2013

deaofly wrote:
Oh that kind of Game sharing, Screw that nonsense. I was thinking something like what the PSP did with friends who didn't have a game and it let you send them something to play together.

Oh! My bad. I didn't even think of that. I know the DS/3DS also has the same thing with some games. That type of game sharing is a totally different matter. That is kosher.

Message 29 of 46 (62 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40519 posts

Jan 29, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

Doppelgangergang wrote:

JFK_Fan wrote:

I'll flag people for language filter dodging when they're being abusive or insulting. I don't like it being aimed at me and I don't like it aimed at others. An idiot is an idiot, I won't argue. But calling someone an idiot is a bit less offensive than callling them a bloody, malformed, troll of an idiot. Smiley Happy

Some called me this in another Thread:

"I mentioned it was Sly 2 you impudent moron."

It was the first time I'd been called an 'impudent moron' lol.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 30 of 46 (53 Views)
0 Likes