Jan 27 2013
By: game2black First Son 4 posts

My account is banned for no reason!!

45 replies 341 views Edited Jan 27, 2013

I turn on my ps3 and I get a message with an error code saying "Access to Sony Entertainment Network by this account has been banned or temporarily suspended." I am so aggravated right now because that was my very first ever account and now its freaking banned!! :smileysad: All I do is play call of duty and trophy hunt so there is no reason why I should i have got banned; im thinking someone hacked me and did something to my account because there is no way i should be banned! When I called Sony they said the account has violated the Terms of Service... PLEASE!!! If there is any moderator out there that can help me I would appreciate the help man!!! I don't deserve this at all! I just want my account back nothing else! :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 46 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2597 posts

8Re: My account is banned for no reason!!

Jan 27, 2013

Well you violated the ToS somehow. Think about it, have you done anything at all that could have got you banned? If not sum up what you basically did the whole week. The violation could be anything from lying about personal information to gamesharing. It really could be anything.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 46 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7500 posts

Re: My account is banned for no reason!!

Jan 27, 2013
Try calling again at a different time, at a different day. Some representatives speak differently than others.

And, I must stress this: Be calm and controlled. Showing panic, swearing, yelling and other disruptive behavior won't get you very far when calling customer service. Ask for what exact event got you banned.

You should also receive an e-mail telling when your ban will be lifted.
FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice: 16SVoaaAfWtywpQ9GDqqzfoyGvt21XCB6M
Dogecoin is nice too: DU6DPv41zfqbSwvFz8LKYhVcgLsX85B3My
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 46 (337 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14994 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Did you gameshare by any chance?

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 46 (333 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27923 posts

Jan 27, 2013

game2black wrote:

I turn on my ps3 and I get a message with an error code saying "Access to Sony Entertainment Network by this account has been banned or temporarily suspended." I am so aggravated right now because that was my very first ever account and now its freaking banned!! :smileysad: All I do is play call of duty and trophy hunt so there is no reason why I should i have got banned; im thinking someone hacked me and did something to my account because there is no way i should be banned! When I called Sony they said the account has violated the Terms of Service... PLEASE!!! If there is any moderator out there that can help me I would appreciate the help man!!! I don't deserve this at all! I just want my account back nothing else! :smileysad:

That remains to be seen.

What I will say is that Sony does not ban or suspend anyone without first making sure they have the correct details & the right account involved, it is likely, even though you currently cannot recall why, that you did indeed break some rule somewhere.

Calling Sony will not get you too far, wait for your email to come, it'll explain the reason & length of any ban/suispension.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 46 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Jan 27, 2013

is it possible for anyone else in your home to log on your account? if so theres no telling what they may have done as i would suspect that or gamesharing but like Brit said wait till you get the email..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 46 (317 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 27, 2013
I havent gameshared or anything. I called sony and i was completely calm. They said the only way for the ban to get lifted is if a moderator takes control
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 46 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Jan 27, 2013

i could be wrong but i dont think any moderator here can do anything for you..they just moderate these threads..someone will chime in and tell me if im right or wrong about this..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 46 (310 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14994 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Forum moderators don't have anything to do with the PS3 and its games.

By the mere mention of "moderator" one would assume this has something to do with Home.

Do you ever use Home? Or has anyone you lived with used Home with your account?

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 46 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
409 posts

Jan 27, 2013

You may have been "Flagged" as inappropriate by somebody

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 46 (296 Views)
0 Likes