Jul 22 2012
By: HandsomeDave85 First Son 2 posts

My Playstation Story

2 replies 51 views Edited Jul 22, 2012

My Playstation Story

Prior to owning my PS3, the last time I owned a current gen system was the N64.  As is the case in many Asian households, when high school started, my parents decided I was too old for video games and that they wouldn’t be buying me consoles or games anymore.  Although a part of me agreed, I always had that itch when I went to a friend’s house and saw them with newer games and systems.  One of the biggest draws for me, as with millions of gamers, was final fantasy VII.  

During my junior year in high school I got my first job at my local movie theater and decided to use some of the money from my first every paycheck towards finally making the switch to Playstation.  At the time the Playstation 2 had been out for about a year but the price range at the time was a little out of my budget.  I opted instead to buy my friends used PS1 since he had a PS2 and no longer needed his PS1 and because I was able to buy his system and a bunch of used games for less than the price of the new PS2 with no games.  Most importantly I was able to play final fantasy VII, VIII and IX.

I played through all the PS1 classics that I had missed out on and my PS1 lasted me through high school and most of college, until once again the Sony came out with the PS3, and I was able to upgrade and buy my cousin’s used PS2.  Once again I played through PS2’s best titles (including of course FFX and XII) and it lasted me through the rest of college.

After owning the PS2 I though my gaming days were over.  I was now in law school and months away from proposing to my future wife.  About midway through law school the PS3 slim came out and the price dropped and I figured it was time for me to actually own a current gen system instead of the hand me downs I had owned in the past.  I picked up my brand new PS3 and have enjoyed it ever since. 

Gaming for me was always done on a budget.  So now I like to squeeze out every bit of enjoyment I can out of games.  Check out my trophy collection and you will see that I go for 100% completion of each game.  I’ve owned my PS3 for just over 2 years now.  I have since married and am even able to get my wife to play with me now and then.  She calls herself my “trophy wife” because she helps me get co-op trophies.  After making the switch to Playstation I have never looked back.  Thanks for the memories Sony. 

PS- I’ll be bringing some little trophy hunters into the world pretty soon.  I’m sure they will have stories about PS4, 5 and 6...

Message 1 of 3 (51 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: My Playstation Story

Jul 22, 2012

nicely done buddy way to always use your system to the max

Message 2 of 3 (39 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: My Playstation Story

Jul 28, 2012